STROBUZZ - Insane Fuzz-Boost-Strobo Pedal!

Started by Dona, February 21, 2014, 03:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dona

Ladies and Gentlemen , from the spaghetti country , I am pleased to present the result of a week of good wine ... The STROBUZZ !

WTF is that?

Very simple , a foot pedal , actually 4 pedals together, with a special ingredient ...
A Bazz Fuss , added with a modified Tone Stack of a Big Muff and LPB- 1 for boosting the whole thing! ... But that's not all ...
Inspired by the simple scheme of the legendary Tiny Tremolo ( Seen on this forum ) I decided to add a simple system that quickly changes the equalization effect ! ... My god ... it's hard to explain ... take a look ...

Through the central switch , select the switch mode and strobe mode ...

First , it allows the switch to the left ( Temporary ) to move from one pot to another (Tone ) . Allows , for example in the solos , to pass from an equalization to another, much like a Wah , but much less Wah !

The second , excludes the two tone pot from the circuit , and replaces them with a photoresistor , which acts as a tone pot , and that is stimulated by a LED , connected to a circuit " Tremolo- Style" powered by a timer 555 .
The temporary switch , now alternate between the two potentiometers "Speed ​​1-2" and then allows you to quickly switch from one speed to another .

is useless ? Crazy ? Bad ? Difficult ? ...

Tested in BreadBoard , it works, and it drives me crazy !

P.S. Sorry for my English ...
ITALIANS...
SPAGETTI...
PIZZA...
MANDOLINO...

With a Pickup!.

armdnrdy

Looks good!

Can you upload a sound sample or video?

Hey Jimi Photon...wasn't this kind of what you were wanting to achieve?
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

Dona

Next step, add a Fuzz Level pot and control it!!

Sound sample very soon...
ITALIANS...
SPAGETTI...
PIZZA...
MANDOLINO...

With a Pickup!.

duck_arse

dona, it looks good so far.

you might want to add a resistor (100R~1k) between pin 8, IC1, and V+, and add a v. large (100uF~470uF) electro to ground at pin 8. this might help prevent tikking. you can also swap the NE/LM555 for a TCL/ICM (cmos)7555, they draw much less current, and may also help prevent tikk.

always a current limit resistor for a led!!!!
don't make me draw another line.

Dona

Thank you Duck!
How can i add an adjustable fading effect for the LED? It's too square at low speed...  :P
ITALIANS...
SPAGETTI...
PIZZA...
MANDOLINO...

With a Pickup!.

SmoothAction

Really cool ideas Dona. I can appreciate some madness... CLIPS!!!
"Never heard a man speak like this man before, never heard a man speak like this man before. All the days of my life ever since I've been born, never heard a man speak like this man before."

duck_arse

well. there is an angry looking sawtooth waveform available at pin2//pin6, but I seem to remember that it needs a buffer to be usable. as for fading, you would have a fixed resister and a pot in series with the led, to vary the current to it.

deadastronaut

cool, look forward to hearing it... 8)

welcome btw.. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

garcho

Try a dual op amp LFO instead of a 555 for a triangle wave. Like the LFO in the Tremulous Lune.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: armdnrdy on February 21, 2014, 03:16:10 PM
Looks good!

Can you upload a sound sample or video?

Hey Jimi Photon...wasn't this kind of what you were wanting to achieve?

it's in the ballpark of it, yep.
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

Jdansti

Quote from: Dona on February 23, 2014, 04:34:30 PM
Thank you Duck!
How can i add an adjustable fading effect for the LED? It's too square at low speed...  :P

See the smoothing filter on my Pulsinator:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=102964.0

I used four settings it, but you might find that one is optimal.

You might want to also experiment with a pot on the LFO LED to vary the brightness.

Edit: Oh and forgive my manners...  Welcome!!!
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: Jdansti on February 24, 2014, 08:29:14 PM
Thank you Duck!

+1  where's mine, too!!! heck of a shot across the bow brother... welcome, i look forward to seeing this develop...

as dino says, life is a wheel... i was just pondering something like this a couple days ago!! great minds!! ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

duck_arse

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on February 24, 2014, 10:34:40 PM
Quote from: Jdansti on February 24, 2014, 08:29:14 PM
Thank you Duck!

+1  where's mine, too!!! heck of a shot across the bow brother... welcome, i look forward to seeing this develop...

as dino says, life is a wheel... i was just pondering something like this a couple days ago!! great minds!! ;)

here's one for you, jimi. welcome.

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: Dona on February 21, 2014, 03:10:53 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen , from the spaghetti country , I am pleased to present the result of a week of good wine ... The STROBUZZ !

WTF is that?

Very simple , a foot pedal , actually 4 pedals together, with a special ingredient ...
A Bazz Fuss , added with a modified Tone Stack of a Big Muff and LPB- 1 for boosting the whole thing! ... But that's not all ...
Inspired by the simple scheme of the legendary Tiny Tremolo ( Seen on this forum ) I decided to add a simple system that quickly changes the equalization effect ! ... My god ... it's hard to explain ... take a look ...

Through the central switch , select the switch mode and strobe mode ...

First , it allows the switch to the left ( Temporary ) to move from one pot to another (Tone ) . Allows , for example in the solos , to pass from an equalization to another, much like a Wah , but much less Wah !

The second , excludes the two tone pot from the circuit , and replaces them with a photoresistor , which acts as a tone pot , and that is stimulated by a LED , connected to a circuit " Tremolo- Style" powered by a timer 555 .
The temporary switch , now alternate between the two potentiometers "Speed ​​1-2" and then allows you to quickly switch from one speed to another .

is useless ? Crazy ? Bad ? Difficult ? ...

Tested in BreadBoard , it works, and it drives me crazy !

P.S. Sorry for my English ...

gonna give this a try i think... this is similar to what i was asking about a couple of days ago.

i'm thinking with a causality type phaser to sweep the fuzz, maybe two stationary and two swept  stages?

very cool idea. i bet it pans back and forth between fuzz sounds like an insane fuzzy tremolo.

my idea was a fourstage fuzz (or 4 differently voiced filters on one fuzz) and sweeping them wih a phase shifter kind of circuit.

this is similar... like dino says, life's a wheel... ;)

your english, by the way, is better than you think my friend.

i'll let ya know how it makes out... i have to box a couple builds still before i can have the breadboard space.

thanks!

gotta go pick up some 555's. ;)

peace
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

deadastronaut

Quote from: garcho on February 24, 2014, 10:48:12 AM
Try a dual op amp LFO instead of a 555 for a triangle wave. Like the LFO in the Tremulous Lune.

+1.  no tick tick tick.. :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//