Ibanez AD9 Switch PCB

Started by Heemis, March 02, 2014, 11:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heemis

Hey all,

Currently repairing a vintage Ibanez AD9 analog delay and I've run into a problem.  I've got the pedal working properly, but the pedal is missing the small oval PCB that the switch mounts to.  Here is a picture of said board:

Does anyone know if there's a place I can get a replacement for this??  I have the switch, just need a new PCB.

Thanks!

drummer4gc

You can solder the wires straight to the switch :)

edit: ....duh, then you wouldn't have the screws to mount it though.

Take a piece of perfboard, drill holes for the screws to mount it, then solder the wires to the switch (or to the board with jumpers running to the switch contacts).

Heemis

I've thought about custom cutting a piece of perf... but it would be a bit annoying.  The area where the pcb goes is actually slightly recessed and makes the switch line up perfectly with the part that contacts the switch.  Just figured maybe someone might have fabbed a direct replacement.

Mustachio

I Looked around on the googles and didnt find any replacements.

Really that would be a super simple pcb to make. And it doesn't look like its recessed all that much if  you used perf or vero and it wasnt sitting flush like the original you could go to the other side of the switch and pad either the actuator or the piece that hits the actuator to make up for the lost distance from the recession.

If you measure well , say with some calipers , and get the mounting holes the same every thing would line up fine.

Good luck!
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

Heemis

Update in case anyone stops by or is watching this post.

Small Bear is now stocking a replacement switch PCB for Ibanez/Maxon 9 series pedals!

Here's the link:  http://www.smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/ts-9-foot-switch-kit/

Works great in my AD9!