Help finding parts

Started by bungusbeefcake, March 11, 2014, 06:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bungusbeefcake

Hey all, I'm looking for some parts, particularly a capacitor. I'm looking for 2 x 0.02uF (300V+) Ceramic capacitors, however it seems impossible to source these in Europe or anywhere where shipping isn't at least €20.

Would anyone have any ideas where I might find one? I've tried radionics, farnel, mouser, even ebay. Or if anyone has 2 themselves which they wouldn't mind parting with I would definitely buy them off you.

Thanks for the help!

drolo

Quote from: bungusbeefcake on March 11, 2014, 06:57:29 AM
Hey all, I'm looking for some parts, particularly a capacitor. I'm looking for 2 x 0.02uF (300V+) Ceramic capacitors, however it seems impossible to source these in Europe or anywhere where shipping isn't at least €20.

Would anyone have any ideas where I might find one? I've tried radionics, farnel, mouser, even ebay. Or if anyone has 2 themselves which they wouldn't mind parting with I would definitely buy them off you.

Thanks for the help!

Did you try http://www.banzaimusic.com/ ?

greaser_au

Can I suggest you might look for 0.022uf  (or 0.018uf) ?  your next stop might be 1kV or 2kV, though.   e.g.: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110935075690 However, I guess you may not want to buy 50.  :icon_redface:

how about these?    http://www.ebay.com/itm/261415084762

david

anchovie

What's the circuit? Do they have to be ceramic?
Bringing you yesterday's technology tomorrow.

GGBB

• SUPPORTER

bungusbeefcake

Thanks guys, yeah I think I'll probably do 2 10nF's in parallel.

Thanks for the link too, Banzai seems like its a great store! Will definitely use it!!

GGBB

Quote from: bungusbeefcake on March 11, 2014, 06:05:15 PM
Thanks guys, yeah I think I'll probably do 2 10nF's in parallel.

Thanks for the link too, Banzai seems like its a great store! Will definitely use it!!

I've ordered from Banzai and I'm in Canada.  Their shipping rates to here are cheaper than some North American outfits.  I haven't used them often as they don't always have exactly what I need at the lowest price, but I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
  • SUPPORTER

bungusbeefcake

@GGBB: Do you know if they take long before they ship an order?? I placed my order with them of Friday morning and its still pending. Most of the stuff can wait, I'm just anxious about some stuff as its for a friends college project and thats due next week!

drolo

They sometimes have a backlog with their orders resulting in delays, probably not enough human ressources. But they are never dramatic delays.
Also they sometimes forget a part in the order or ship the wrong one, but they have always made it up and sent the correct parts in the end.

I wish their service and control was a bit more efficient ... but it's still often my go-to place for special parts.
Recently I started ordering more common parts like resistors, caps pots from Tayda, which are often a lot cheaper, only you have to wait longer...

GGBB

As I recall it was three or so days before my order was shipped, but I had contacted them to add a few things the day after I placed the order, which they were happy to do.
  • SUPPORTER

Jdansti

It depends on where Bungus lives. If he's in the US, he'll only have to wait about a week. Tayda ships my stuff from within the US.
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...