neovibe circuit questions

Started by themechanic, March 17, 2014, 02:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themechanic

debugging my newly build neovibe, im curious, maybe this should be obvious, but can someone tell me what all the lettered pads correspond to (ground, signal out, ext...) tia.

R.G.

A = one input
B = another input
C = input ground
D = one half of the speed pot
E = other half of the speed pot
"C" on the speed pot (oops!) = Common for the speed pot
F = LFO depth pot ground
G = LFO depth pot "hot"/clockwise
H = LFO depth pot wiper
I = cancel switch ground
X = cancel switch
J, K = AC power inputs
o = power ground for DC inputs
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

themechanic

thank you! im going to try my hand at debugging on my own before i post up voltages and ask for help.

R.G.

Go for it.

At least one of my schemos has "typical" voltages listed.

And for some advanced stuff, reason about NPNs like this: for an NPN to amplify, the emitter must be the lowest voltage, the base must and will be no more than 0.5 to 0.7V higher than the emitter, and the collector will be higher than the base. In circuits powered from more than a couple of volts the collector will sit higher than the base by a substantial fraction of the power supply.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

themechanic

got it working. it was a 3pdt switch brain fart. it was late when i put it together and on the layout diagram it shows a 2pdt switch like:

| |
| |
| |

and so i didnt think and wired the 3pdt like this:

| | |
| | |
| | |    using the extra pole to switch an led for bypass.

rather than like orienting it like this:

_ _ _
_ _ _
_ _ _

i knew it was something simple cause it worked fine in bypass and didnt work at all when switched on. the vibe works well, need to play with it to get the depth and richness i want out of it. the chorus is barely noticeable at all. have to turn the speed up completely to notice the modulation and the chorus sounds more like a tremolo than a chorus effect.