Looking for Lovepedal Eternity kit. The new guy needs a hand.

Started by blaren, March 18, 2014, 06:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blaren

Hey all...
Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm the IDIOT who got, along with 11 other cool pedals in a PRS trade deal, a VERY cool orange Lovepedal Eternity.
I wasn't LOOKING for a new OD. I've go a BUNCH and was pretty satisfied with them. For mild OD I was switching between a BD-2 and a Dingotone BSD on my board. Actually the BD-2 kcked the BSD off the board. My second OD was always either a modded SD-1 or a modded ('82 w/Keeley Plusmod, a new Ibanez unit with the 808 mod or a stock Maxon OD-9). I was fine with them...UNTIL I made the mistake of testing that pile of tradebait. When I got to that orange pefdal (I had heard of Lovepedal...the name rang a bell) I was like uhhh... :-O  WOW!!
Then I tried the CMATMODS Signa Drive and  :-O  :-O    Damn....which to keep?  Since I really like the more versatile SignaDrive, and since they are still available at $135, and because I was hurting for $ and the Lovepedal could get more $ than the SignaDrive, I sold the Eternity. Did I say I'm an IDIOT yet?

BUT...there are clones of the E so I figured...I'll just build a bufferless TS with the E tweaks...which IS essentially an E I think?
What's a good clone kit and where can I order one to build? How is the Poodle or whatever his name is...stuff? Or any suggestions would be great.
Thanks

Kipper4

Poodles pedal parts little screamer seems May suit your needs best as a starting point.(not affiliated)
I can't vouch for the kits but I have bought some other stuff from them and have been happy with the services so far.
You'll probably need to order some extra diodes or whatever, I haven't studied the eternity burst closely enough but I'm certain you could figure this out.
Good luck and happy building
I guess your uk based since your asking about poodle. I googled LP E clone kits and found an ebay vendor too.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

nate77

Aion electronics has a PCB for a TS that has build directions to turn it into two different eternity versions.  It also has some easy mod options for clipping diode selection and the chioce of another mod (your choice of 3 or 4 that are easy to follow and understand) that are well thought out on the layout of the board making the mod(s) very easy. The quality of the boards are also great. You'd have to source the parts yourself, but the BOM is very thorough and all of the parts are easily sourced by many popular online vendors. The cost of the board and shipping are also very reasonable. I am not affiliated with this company, but I have built about a dozen boards from this company.

blaren

Thanks for the replies fellas.
I sent the poodle guy a message just to see what all is missing or included in his kit. I don't need a case/housing but everything else would be nice. His kits look pretty complete and while I hate board mounted ANYTHING on my amps, I think the board mounted pots in these kits is fine. Looks real clean.
I'll let you know what transpires.
Oh and...nope...I'm in Canada but....borders schmorders   ;-)
Thanks again for the replies and suggestions.

mth5044

gjcamann

Quote from: nate77 on March 19, 2014, 01:40:43 AM
Aion electronics has a PCB for a TS that has build directions to turn it into two different eternity versions.  It also has some easy mod options for clipping diode selection and the chioce of another mod (your choice of 3 or 4 that are easy to follow and understand) that are well thought out on the layout of the board making the mod(s) very easy. The quality of the boards are also great. You'd have to source the parts yourself, but the BOM is very thorough and all of the parts are easily sourced by many popular online vendors. The cost of the board and shipping are also very reasonable. I am not affiliated with this company, but I have built about a dozen boards from this company.
I second the Aion boards, BTW, be sure to order 2 so you can build a Fulldrive too - I love mine!
(I also love my KOT cone from him too)

nate77

I know this is a bit off topic, but board mounted pots are awesome. For what it worth anyway

blaren

Quote from: nate77 on March 20, 2014, 01:16:12 AM
I know this is a bit off topic, but board mounted pots are awesome. For what it worth anyway

Thanks. I sent them an inquiry but haven't received a reply yet.
They have the $8PCBs on the site but in the DIY Guitar pedals section all I can find are instructions but not complete kits/parts-packs but it says they do sell them.
I realize I could just source all the components elsewhere but it would be nice to get them all at one place.

does anyone know their price on the full kit without case and/or where it can be ordered from them?

Thanks in advance.

blaren

sorry for the dp...cant see the edit button.
I see now...the parts list is right there on the side. I'm guessing you just add each item to your cart and away you go.

nate77

Unfortunately aion doesn't sell anything other than the PCBs for these projects. They are more than worth it, but I totally understand wanting to get all things in one spot. If you source the parts it'll be way cheaper, but there will be an additional shipping charge. I'm quite sure that you can get all of the parts at Tayda, smallbear electronics or a few other places. Although I love and use mouser and digikey, it can be confusing and combersome to to navigate and know you're ordering the right components and try don't carry things like stompswitches used in pedals, enclosures, etc. The first 2 meantioned are easy to navigate, cater specifically to DIY effects builders and ship quickly. Good luck, regardless of which way you go. It's a good build

blaren

WOW!!
Tayda is CHEAP!!  :-O
I ordered the kit from Poodle's Pedal Parts. Without enclosure and knobs it came to 24 GBP shipped.
Once I figured out how to use Tayda, I got parts (including enclosures, extra (2) ICs for each build...to try different flavors opamps for all 3 plus a couple more to play with, knobs, 10 of each resistor, blue and red LEDs...) for 3 pedals SHIPPED for LESS than the single Poodle unit and he seemingly buys from Tayda too cause the photo of the built PCB is the same pic at both places. I know SBE, Mouser, and DK are great places to buy with great prices but...while I haven't checked, I cant see anyone having better pricing than Tayda. If they DO, it must be negligible. I think from now-on, anytime I am curious about a build or clone or pedal, I'll definitely source the parts at Tayda...and upload the instructions so that others can buy the same "kit" from Tayda at great prices, awesome shipping rates, all at a one-stop-for-everything place.

THANK YOU for the heads-ups and suggestions guys. I don't think I've EVER joined a forum and received such valuable info in my FIRST(ish) question/thread. WOW!

nate77

You got it man. This is the single best an most used forum (in my experience and opinion) for DIY effects and such. I try to avoid advocating businesses and the like (different forums have different rules about this kind of thing) but Tayda is the cheapest source by far for this stuff and the inventory gets larger every day. One thing to be careful of are things that seem unusually cheap, like Ge diodes and some JFETs (j201s, etc.). I've had mixed results with these, but everything else has been great. Shipping is cheap too! Good luck man. Glad to help

greendunn

Tayda is a great place to buy parts!! Ive bought many items from them and they have never let me down. The only problem is, they dont carry high end caps. The electrolytics are from a company call Chong. Ive never had any issues with them, but I did buy some panasonic caps, and they do improve the sound quality, but just a little. Ive also bought the Lovepedal projects and they are sweet and simple. Here is a pic of my latest builds. All parts, except for the electrolytics, and paint of course, come from Tayda.