News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

First Post Eva

Started by karbomusic, March 19, 2014, 12:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karbomusic

I've been lurking and learning for a month or two now. First I wanted to say thanks to this great resource since of what little I have accomplished much was learned from information on this forum. Pedal and circuit building has been on my "list of things to try" for many years and I finally broke down and dove in late January. Since I prefer to learn how to fish, I don't have any immediate questions but I thought I might post my latest two builds:

Hybrid PNP Arbiter Fuzz Face. Some minor adjustments of my own and the LED is an RGB that is blue when the pedal has power, red when engaged and off when no power (aka input jack is empty):

The obligatory LM386 guitar amp. I built it from the original spec sheet + a few tweaks for stability etc. This little fella was a bit finicky to get stable during my initial breadboarding but finally got it working. It also has a 2N7000 buffer on the front end and I added a Send/Receive that is sort of an effect loop but its real purpose was to be able to insert something into the chain post buffer without my having to place it between the guitar and the buffer. It is actually loud enough to wake up the wife running it into my 2-12 Marshall cab:

Thanks again for all the great info. :)

midwayfair

Those are very well done, and not just for first builds! You might like to post them in the pictures thread. :)
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=36392.0
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

karbomusic

Thanks midwayfair,

Will do, I wasn't sure where to put them, still learning my way around the place :)

Thanks for the heads up!

rutabaga bob

Welcome to the forum!  Very nice builds!  Hope to hear/see more from you!   Larry
Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper

IsaacMoth

Nice graphics on both man, well done.
"He said to comb the desert so we are combing it!"- Lord Helmet