Rail-to-rail op amps at Tayda?

Started by electrosonic, March 20, 2014, 04:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electrosonic

Putting an order there and could use a rail to rail op amp for a current source I am building. Its a pain to search through all the data sheets, any one know one they sell?

Thanks.
  • SUPPORTER

electrosonic

• SUPPORTER

midwayfair

My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

electrosonic

I think the LM358 includes the negative rail but not the positive rail. I am making a current source out of "The Art of Electronics, which need an opamp that can swing to the positive rail.

• SUPPORTER

merlinb

Head over to Texas Instruments and you can order samples for free...

midwayfair

Quote from: electrosonic on March 20, 2014, 07:02:34 PM
I think the LM358 includes the negative rail but not the positive rail. I am making a current source out of "The Art of Electronics, which need an opamp that can swing to the positive rail.

Ah! thanks. I used it in a project that needed to swing negative; didn't occur to me to check if the positive rail was used. :)
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

electrosonic

QuoteHead over to Texas Instruments and you can order samples for free...

What samples would you recommend asking for? Hardly seems worth the effort for jellybean ICs, however those are what I am familiar with.

Andrew
  • SUPPORTER

duck_arse

at ti, get some the "lmc648x" series opamps, single dual quad cmos.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

merlinb

Quote from: electrosonic on March 21, 2014, 11:28:43 AMWhat samples would you recommend asking for? Hardly seems worth the effort for jellybean ICs, however those are what I am familiar with.

Jeez, too many to memorise! Off the top of my head, TLC2272, LM6132. Use their parametric search.

amptramp

Don't forget, there are some op amps that are rail-to-rail at the input but not the output and some are rail-to-rail at the output but not the input.  Read the specs for input signal range or output signal range from the datasheet to determine what you have.  Also, determine what the design needs.  Then you can choose.