Two-Channel Single-Switch Looper

Started by vigilante397, March 21, 2014, 12:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vigilante397

Hi everyone :) I've been building for a few months now. I started just following schematics exactly as I found them, then I moved on to tweaking values of caps and resistors to customize my tone, but this is the first time I actually designed something from scratch. Obviously it isn't anything fancy, in fact it will work completely without power if you decide you don't want LED's. So it's nothing world-changing and epic like a lot of the forum members here do, but check it out anyway  ;D\

I came up with the idea because my band has a song where I need to switch from clean with delay straight to distortion with no delay, and I need to do it instantly without having to tap dance all over my board to turn effects on and off. All the looper pedals I could find still used one switch per channel, which means I would need to press two buttons to change effects, and that was one button too many in my mind. So I came up with this:

This is the gut shot of my build; as you can see nothing terribly tricky:

And this is in the finished box with my custom artwork :P

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

DeIVIoNaN

Do they make a 3-pole button, where you could do this with a bypass???

vigilante397

Quote from: DeIVIoNaN on March 28, 2014, 06:39:47 PM
Do they make a 3-pole button, where you could do this with a bypass???

I'm not really sure, but it seems to me that bypass would kind of defeat the purpose of the pedal. I built it because I realistically only use two sets of effects live (clean w/delay, distortion w/o delay, with reverb at the end of both) so this was to switch between the two. What use would a bypass be?
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com