News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

PT2399 chips

Started by amz-fx, March 21, 2014, 06:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amz-fx

I bought 5 PT2399 chips for reverb experiments from Ebay seller janeh2100. Got them today.

The PT2399 chips are not genuine Princeton Technolgy as pictured in the listing but are the DTC copies.

Here is the listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/360346848518

The listing doesn't mention Princeton Technology but the chips pictured are clearly PTC not DTC as marked, so they are not what I purchased. Buyer beware.

regards, Jack

vigilante397

I know there are plenty of suppliers out there, but I've never bought PT2399's from anyone but Tayda.

Have you tried a build with them yet?
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

amz-fx

I buy them from Small Bear when I want to be sure to get top quality.

I bought these cheap just for experimentation, in case I blow a few up.

regards, Jack

Jdansti

I've thought about building one of these simple delays as a test fixture to check PT2399 chips.

http://circuitworkshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=1062.0
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

kingswayguitar

i bought from that seller before. it's gone from my purchase history now but memory corroborates your experience.

Mark Hammer

This thread prompted me to look in my bin at what I had.  I have 3 DTC chips among some that say PTC.  What's the deal with the DTC chips?

amz-fx

Quote from: Mark Hammer on March 22, 2014, 08:13:32 PM
This thread prompted me to look in my bin at what I had.  I have 3 DTC chips among some that say PTC.  What's the deal with the DTC chips?

Princeton Technology says they never made any chips marked DTC, so that means the cheap ICs are clones or maybe culls that have been marked later.

Some users have reported that the DTC chips are sometimes noisy, and that the internal oscillator will not start at the shortest delay settings. I haven't tried mine yet so I can't comment.

You should probably be prepared to test and sort.

regards, Jack

Mark Hammer

I have a Rebote 2.5 stuffed and wired.  I should probably swap some chips and listen for differences.

greaser_au

I bought a batch from thiis seller,  they were labeled PTC and looked fairly similar to the ones I bought from Tayda.

david

peterg

I've only ever bought the DTC chips just because I can get them from a supplier close by. As far as I can tell they work as per the PTC specs.