VIDEO: HELP with Vintage MXR Phase 100 Rebuild / Repair - Strange Sounds!

Started by ammalato, March 22, 2014, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenGiles

Quote from: ammalato on June 01, 2014, 03:42:51 PM
Eureka!!!  Low and behold, after armdnrdy's suggestion I checked the solder traces on and around the trim pot and found not only some poor looking joints, but also a partially lifted trace to the resistor immediately next to it.  A quick redo with the soldering iron and the pedal is alive.  Thank god, because I've been sick of having this thing gnaw away at my conscience.   Thank you everyone for your help.  Truly a great forum full of even greater people. 

Ah ha the dreaded lifted trace, very difficult to spot sometimes. I had this on a bootleg Electric Mistress board back in the 1980s !
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

ammalato

Hey All.  Just wanted to close the loop on this topic and share the progress since I/we found the issue.  I decaled and finished the pedal, added a 9v jack, True Bypass and an LED.  Since I always prefer the look of MXR's Script Logo era, I decided to go that route (plus the circuit is likely from just around the end of that era).  Below is a shot of the now (phew) completed pedal.  Stay tuned for my next issue....the Fuzz Face.

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".