Tonepad Envelope Filter

Started by bilo01, March 23, 2014, 05:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duck_arse

doesn't yr wife like you drinking and soldering?

so, you got it working, how's it sound, like you think it should. and now you have to go through w/ the audioprobe, and write up all you find on your circuits, for the next time .....

if yr still playing w/ the dr quack/nurse quack/quacky something, there are mods for attack and release if you are interested.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Kipper4

Great news that you got it working.
I hope it all turns out ok with the volume issue.
Do let us know whats happening
Rich
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

bilo01

It's the kitchen table lol. I keep it occupied for weeks now.

I had the same experience as with the Nurse. She quacked ok at night but on louder volume her voice got kinda greasy. Nurse is doing well now, also together with booster, tubescreamer and echo. I love her.
Tried the MXR today and couldn't get the same sound as yesterday. Not standing alone and especially not together with other pedals. Didn't have much time to explore more but i'll keep you informed.
Who is the best guitarist in the world they asked Jimi. Don't know, ask Rory he said.

bilo01

About the mods for the nurse and the docter: yes i'm interested. I got the doctor's pcb ready. It'll be my next after the brittania, which i am working on now lol
Who is the best guitarist in the world they asked Jimi. Don't know, ask Rory he said.

bilo01

Hey Duck, thnx a million for your pm. I'll have a go with that after i've finished the Brittannia, which i'm looking forward to. Questions will come lol.
Just today i bought a low hfe germanium transistor for the Juergulator. I'll use it on the breadboard for the modded Doctor.
Having great fun getting into this and you guys play a part in that, so thnx again.
I'm from the Netherlands btw. We're raised multilangual here, speaking Dutch, German, Enlish and French but not all to the highest level. Funny you "read" my accent lol

duck_arse

save the Ge for something good, it doesn't go in circuits like this. silicon only!

bilo01

Hey guys, I've got the MXR clone finally ready for boxing it up!!!
Solved the volume problem by changing C4 (0,1uF) into 0,01uF.
Changing R1(3K6) into 2K gave it a warmer sound somehow.
I also had a problem with the Range Selector. It requires a SPST switch which i can't buy here. So i used a DPST-switch instead which i had connected wrong the whole time. This morning i changed the wiring to centre and one outer lug and now it works like a charm. Just waiting for the postman to bring the box now.

In the mean time i have finished the Brittania as you may have read on another post. The best pedal I've got!! With pedal volume up and gain halfway it gives wonderful blues sounds when i turn the guitar volume down. Putting my Tubescreamer ( Ibanez Super Tube STL ) behind it, it screams like wowwww  :icon_biggrin:

The Juergulator didn't do it for me. I used an AC153K for the Germanium, but ordered some other which will come with the same postman i hope.

Looking for a new project now: I'm hesitating between Tonepads Coralll Chorus / Tonepads Small Clone Chorus / GGG's Orange Sqeezer / Tonepads MXR Blue Box (octave down) / GGG's Electric Mistress / GGG's PT80 Delay ...

I guess i'm starting with the Orange Squeezer. Any suggestions on the best Chorus and Delay to make?
Thanx again guys..

duck_arse

nice work. always check those switches.

the orange squeezer is an easy build, everyone (even me) has made one. there are mods. I dunno about the sound though, mine clipps the pick-attack, because it's that type of circuit. the mxr blue box is possibly one to avoid. try on the breadboard, there are some "fun" mods. when I tried it (there is a thread for it very much like this one), it oscillated at all times. the roctave is held in higher regard hereabouts, but is more complex.

chorus, delay etc, you'll need someone else to advise. I dunno nuttin bout em.

Kipper4

The orange squeezer is a great build.for experience. The choruses are substantially harder.
I'd consider Jon Patrons Bearhug as a compressor too.
Or another comp to try is Mic casters really cheap compressor. A nice little build.
Other recommendations would be a DoD 250 of some sort or a proco rat.
Maybe a son of screamer.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

bilo01

Thnx guys. As said i start off with the squeezer and i'll check your recomendations.
The other guitarist in our band told me about the XOTIC Echo Plex ( EP-Booster ). You know by any chance off a schematic/layout of that? I'll have to search tomorrow, but hey: asking never hurts