Bitter Sweet Reverb...

Started by Les Paul Lover, March 24, 2014, 10:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les Paul Lover

Well, actually Box of Hall Reverb - but with added sweetness & Bitterness...

The sweetness:

Lovely light spring reverb.

Got it wired up, it sounds great, really great.  I'm very pleased.

The bitterness:

As the most eagle eyed of you may have noticed, the box was sent to me pre drilled - with in the in & ou jack way to high.
It can all fit in the box, but the brick in is in the way of the instrument cable. :(

So now here's my dilemna:

- What should I do with the blue box below?
- I don't feel like I can keep the whale on 2 boxes. Do I repaint the wrong box fully blue and redo a whale on the correct box, (I have just enough paint left over for that)..... or do I try a different design to the whale for my reverb?
- What circuit to put in the useless box?

bluebunny

Would it not fit if you flip over the board?  May need to turn the inner tabs on the jacks so that they're not fouled by the brick...
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Ice-9

Are the dimensions of the brick suitable to mount it height ways in the enclosure and use wires to connect to the pcb. Alternatively you could re drill the jack holes and use some rubber grommet bungs in the left over holes, not the best option of course but they do look neat. I have used the rubber bung/grommet idea before.

This type of bung  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12mm-1-2-10-PCS-RUBBER-SNAP-IN-BLANKING-PLUG-BODY-HOLE-BUNGS-STOPPER-GROMMETS-/380758384934?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item58a6f7e126
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.