Help with dual Log pot Interpretation

Started by digidoc1010, March 25, 2014, 03:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digidoc1010

Hi All,

I am building a copy of the Little Green Wonder from the layout below and need help interpreting the Dual Log pot.

1. The wire in the upper right side is supposed to connect to the Body pot on lugs B1 and B3.  How do I connect it to both lugs?  Do I simply run the wire to lug 1 and then another wire from lug 1 over to lug 3, or is it better to run two wires from the board, one to lug 1 and the other to lug 3?

2. On a dual log pot, does it matter which is A and which is B?

Thanks so much for your help!

Dan

nate77

For the first question, all you need to do is run a jumper from pin 1 to pin 3 of the pot, and connect a wire from the board to either one if those. As far as the dual pot I concerned, A is typically the set of pins closest to the pot shaft. It'll work just fine if its backwards, it'll just move in the opposite direction.

slacker

Yeah you can just run a wire to lug 1 and then another from there to lug 3, that's probably the neatest way. You can do the same thing with the ground connection to the pots, you can run one wire from the board to A2 and then one from there to B2, or the other way round.
A dual pot is two completely separate pots connected to the same shaft, so it doesn't matter which one you decide is A or B.

EDIT: posted the same time as nate

digidoc1010