News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

1590 screws

Started by m_charles, March 25, 2014, 09:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m_charles

Hi there.
Does anyone know the type of screws that are used for some of the 1590 knock-off enclosures?
These are not the usual screws many use, these are the thinner types with a fine thread (not the 6/32").
I used to see them more often, but I think many manufacturers stopped using them and switched to the 6/32" common type.
I want to order some to replace some that stripped, but don't know what pitch/threads to look for.
thx in advance!
-chuck

haveyouseenhim

How many do you need? I have some to spare. Just cover shipping. :)
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

petey twofinger

i lost a pack , my ole lady scored some at the hardware store ....
im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself

guitarpedalparts

I've never seen any that aren't 6-32 threads, though I've seen many different types of screw heads.  If you're all out and they are thinner than 6-32, you could always grab a 6-32 tap to use those screws.  Costs a few bucks and useful to have around, in case any powder coated boxes get a bit too much powder on the threads.

italianguy63

That's kind of weird... I just checked, because 6-32 is the size for the feet in a wah pedal.

I had a 1590 and a 125B sitting here.  The 6-32 fit one but not the other.  I guess it depends on the brand.  I compared the screws, and it looks like the thread pitch is slightly different.  Maybe one metric and the other not?

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

markeebee

I have a bunch of Hammond boxes and a bunch of Eddystone Hammondalikes. I made the huge mistake of tipping all the screws into the same container.

Hammond screws are 6-32 x 1/2".  Eddystone screws are metric M3.5 x 12mm. You can get a couple of threads of one type of screw into the other type of hole before it binds and doesn't go any further.

m_charles

Thx so much guys. I ended up going to my small local hardware store with the enclosure and found the screw size.
I appreciate the offer markeebee!
If you need to know, its M3 X 10 .50 Pitch
;D