Help me find replacements for these transistors .

Started by seadi123, March 28, 2014, 07:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadi123

Hello everyone :) My local electronic stores don't have transistors like 2n5457 , mpf102 , j201 etc. Is there any basic rule to find replacements for these transistors ? For example the store had j200 , whould it ALMOST do the same thing as the j201 ? thanks

solderburn

Small bear has almost every transistor for a exact replacement you may need.

As for subbing transistors, to my knowledge most NPNs can be subed with 2n5088(more gain) or a 2n3904(less gain) in most applications. as for JFETs they are more pickey i believe. And I don't think a j200 is even a N-channel transistor. so probably no.

Edit; here's a great article on part subbing http://www.geofex.com/effxfaq/keenslaws.htm
Dan

smallbearelec

Where are you, and what do you want to build that needs JFETs like the types you mentioned?

seadi123

I live in Albania (EU) . I usualy do orders on Tayda , but sometimes i dont want to wait so i just go to local electronic stores

sajy_ho

The key to replace jfets is matching Vp(VGSoff) and IDss. 2N3819 is a good replacement for MPF102, but I couldn't find any replacement for J201 and 2N5457. That J200 you said is not even a N-channel jfet.
Life is too short for being regretful about it.

sajy_ho

Also Fairchild selling all of them in a good price, their J201s and 2N5457s worked fine for me.  
Life is too short for being regretful about it.