What Mods to do to my GCB-95

Started by fuzzyhead, April 08, 2014, 07:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzyhead

Hey all, I am looking to mod my GCB-95 and I'm just wondering what mods I should do to make it better or so I can get a some crazy sounds with a few switches. I'm already going to do the true-bypass mod, and I'm placing the order for the switch soon, and I'd like to get all the parts for some mods in one order rather than 2 or 3.

Thanks for all the input!

R.G.

Quote"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
"I don't much care where –"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go."
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

nate77

As far as some aggressive mods for crazy Stuff I'm not sure what you're looking for, but the most popular as far as I can tell (and I've picked up a solid hanful of common mods around here) it's nothing wild but they will very much improve smoothness on the sweep, widen tonal reponse and widen the sweep range.http://www.danieleturani.com/howto-and-diy/crybaby-gcb-95-how-to-modify-your-wah-pedal/. That's the link to more than half of the most common mods I regularly hear about with goods results and the ones I use the most. Good luck man

Brymus

The GGG mod able wah project is nice.
GM Arts has some nice info on mods at his page.
And RG has  "the technology of" and "what does what" at his web site.
A cool mod I found was to add a 100K pot in series with the 100K wah pot kinda like the dial it in pot on the Crybaby Q135 IIRC,but they used a 5K pot which doesn't do as much,an extra 100k pot can really set the voice where you want it,at least for me I liked it.
I also once did all the GGG trimmers as pots on the outside,I don't advise that.
My opinoin is to add the extra 100K pot in series with the wah pot, a 6 way switch for different caps,and also switchable inductors,I also liked GM Arts inductor Q mod.
But to each his own,YMMV
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience