Help identify this pedal. (japanese chorus.. 80s?)

Started by FUZZZZzzzz, April 24, 2014, 04:13:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FUZZZZzzzz

So I got two broken pedals of Ebay pretty cheap. One Monacor (broken pot) Mini Fazer (that came out under Univox / Melos/ MI etc as well) and also a no name chorus pedal. It says Chorus 12 on the housing (strong metal) and also made in Japan. The pcb has the name 50682A on it and has the following ics: LM339N / MN3102 / MN 3209 / TL4558P. I was looking at other 80s pedals with the same amount of knobs and functions  and thought that maybe its based on the Boss CE2, but have to look at it more closely. Does anyone recognise the brand? It has been modified by someone who also put in an expression jack (if that wasnt already factory standard) and has some loose wires inside. Id like to fix it, obviously

"If I could make noise with anything, I was going to"

Mugshot

i am what i am, so are you.

FUZZZZzzzz

you sir, are a hero! thank you!

now I only need to find a schematic :)

FUZZZZzzzz

Tonemonger

It also looks just like a LOCO BOX that I used to have , If You can find any info about those.

wavley

Quote from: Tonemonger on April 24, 2014, 09:00:41 AM
It also looks just like a LOCO BOX that I used to have , If You can find any info about those.

My drummer just bought an Aria Loco speaker cabinet to go with his valve jr the other day.
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

FUZZZZzzzz

A friend of mine found two Loco boxes at a yard sale for a couple of Euros. That was also the first and last time I ever felt jealous about anything. :)

FUZZZZzzzz

zombiwoof

Quote from: Tonemonger on April 24, 2014, 09:00:41 AM

If you look at the "Related" list on the EffectsDataBase link that someone posted, it shows all the different brand names that a pedal came out under.  Some pedals were sold under 20 or so different names!.  That Effects Data Base is a great resource for researching little-known pedals, they list almost every pedal ever made.

Al