How to measure germanium Hfe TUTORIAL!!! (pcb & spreadsheet)

Started by Carlos Best, April 28, 2014, 02:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duck_arse

Quote from: lars-musik on May 08, 2015, 01:13:47 PM
I know that the leakage is heavily temperature dependent. But a squeeze of the solid metal housing (the AC128K are bold square things with a built-on heatsink) shouldn't change the temperature that much that the reading doubles from .654V to about 1.2V within second.

did the case feel cold when you touched it? if so, you were transferring heat to it. you could always lag them with styrofoam.

I have a box with a cat on, I don't think it has a cat in. I'll open it up, and look inside .....

You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

lars-musik

Don't look! That's the most imoprtant part if we are talking and thinking about Schrödinger's cat and Schrödinger's pedal respectively. 

mac

Once I had strange readings while testing FETs for a P90.
I realized it was me, the desk and the breadboard altering the readings because of an EM interaction.
I did the reading on another place and no problems.

Check if it's not a breadboard thing.

QuoteWhat musician wants a Schrödinger's cat-pedal on stage where you can see if it is alive not until you plug it in your amp and stomp the switch? However, I guess I'll just refrain from touching the transistor and see to it that there are none of my probing fingers left in the enclosure when I'll finally box it.

I don't remember to have put a cat inside my Fuzz Face. But I put a couple of germs in it.
All I can say is that Schrodinger was right. Every day I switch it on I don't know how it's going to sound. Some days I don't know if there is a germ inside at all!!! :) :)

mac
mac@mac-pc:~$ sudo apt-get install ECC83 EL84