WIBE - Easiest Vibe/Chorus based on EasyVibe

Started by Crontox102098, May 02, 2014, 08:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crontox102098

Hey guys  ;)... I've never really contributed to the forum (and i think i dont do it with this new design) so today i bring this  :icon_redface:

Lately i've been intrigued in operating way of the "Univibe" and cause this is very difficult to built (something) and is it hard to get the components to do so, I dedicated myself to the task of finding an easier clone and found the "EasyVibe" designed by John Hollis and myself decided to modify it to make it even easier without changing the sound greatly.

The operation is basically the same as having. The Wibe changes the input preamplifier which has been replaced with a FET transistor and only have left two phase stages (but you can add more), the LFO has changed, but still works like the EasyVibe.

Here's the scheme:

All contributions are welcome  ;D... Sorry by my eng, you know, i'm from Colombia.
I'm Carlos.

I speak spanish, just in case you do not understand what I say.

midwayfair

This does look cool.

A couple things:
1) What kind of LEDs are driving the photocells? (red, blue?)
2) What are the on/off resistances you need for the photocells?
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

Crontox102098

Quote from: midwayfair on May 02, 2014, 09:49:43 AM
This does look cool.

A couple things:
1) What kind of LEDs are driving the photocells? (red, blue?)
2) What are the on/off resistances you need for the photocells?

1) I used red LEDs but i think with another can work...
2) I don't understand this question but if you're talking about the LEDs that is needed for the photocells are D3 and D4, if not... can explain?
I'm Carlos.

duck_arse

jon loves photocells.

I think he means the on-resistance (light) and the off-resistance (dark), how high and how low the LDR's need to swing. then we can all substitute what we have/can get for what you used.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Crontox102098

Quote from: duck_arse on May 02, 2014, 11:20:38 AM
jon loves photocells.

I think he means the on-resistance (light) and the off-resistance (dark), how high and how low the LDR's need to swing. then we can all substitute what we have/can get for what you used.

Ohhh ya entendí! So... it's just a common LDR lower than 10k in light and between 500K and 1M in dark.
I'm Carlos.

pinkjimiphoton

carlos,, nice shot across the bow bro!!
any clips possible?

fwiw... i don't measure ldr's either, i tend to just use whichever ones are handy. if there's an issue i swap 'em out.

jon's more of a maestro with that stuff tho  than i'll ever be. ;)
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

Crontox102098

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on May 02, 2014, 12:33:57 PM
carlos,, nice shot across the bow bro!!
any clips possible?

fwiw... i don't measure ldr's either, i tend to just use whichever ones are handy. if there's an issue i swap 'em out.

jon's more of a maestro with that stuff tho  than i'll ever be. ;)

Currently, my sound card is made one sh** (burned by overvoltage) and make it impossible to do a clip: (
I'm Carlos.

pinkjimiphoton

ouch!! yeah, always block dc with a cap or something!!
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

GibsonGM

Very nice!  Simple and easy design and looks like it would be effective.  May be easier for a beginner to build this first! 
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

Crontox102098

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on May 02, 2014, 06:45:11 PM
ouch!! yeah, always block dc with a cap or something!!

I also missed a protection diode  :-\.
         9V
______|___...
|        |
|        |
|+     __
=       /\
|C1    |1N4001
|        |
|____ |___GND

:icon_biggrin:

Quote from: GibsonGM on May 03, 2014, 08:50:49 AM
Very nice!  Simple and easy design and looks like it would be effective.  May be easier for a beginner to build this first!  

That's why i made.
I'm Carlos.

GodSaveMetal

I´m from PERÚ, gracias maestro!!, you have the layout?? please post it!!!!!!!!!! gracias

jbgron

Crontox102098

Quote from: jbgron on May 03, 2014, 09:32:03 PM
I found something very similar a while back.  Haven't built it yet though.

http://blog.kotipolttoinen.com/archives/71-OptiVibe-Mirco-a-simple-optical-vibechorusphaserwhatever.html

I was based in that, but this doesn't very credible like mine... i think.
I'm Carlos.