Tonepad Rebote 3

Started by SISKO, May 17, 2014, 04:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

Thank you!

Sound samples are up, just the pedal and an old guitar to diy tubeamp with line out to tascam->mac (Audacity).

http://www.tonepad.com/project.asp?id=74

I've moved the pedal to a spot in my pedalboard and the next sound samples will have some more effects.
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

deadastronaut

Hi Francisco, nice, have you checked out my abductor delay, uses 4 pt,s , modulation, hi,lo repeats, tails, silent switching, loops infinitely, and has control over jumping timings?....not hijacking your thread, but just wondered if you had seen/heard it...? :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Pettol

Quote from: lars-musik on May 25, 2014, 09:52:58 AM

So, although I don't really need a new delay, I am happy to spend these 23 Dollars (incl. shipment that's about 17 Euros in total for me) as my contribution to the tonepad site and as encouragement for Francisco to further layout such good pcbs. I see it rather as donation than a purchase.

+1

JebemMajke

Quote from: deadastronaut on May 26, 2014, 11:24:34 PM
Hi Francisco, nice, have you checked out my abductor delay, uses 4 pt,s , modulation, hi,lo repeats, tails, silent switching, loops infinitely, and has control over jumping timings?....not hijacking your thread, but just wondered if you had seen/heard it...? :icon_cool:

Could it be used as a looper alone?

Aka adding completely dry output, and adding some sort of a "tonepad's-rebote-delay-2.5-momentary-switch-for-infinite-delays". But something like a electro harmonix freeze type of thing, so that it delays that one chord/note forever and ever, while one plays melody over that. Without disrupting the delayed signal?

That would be a very nice mod.

Insane one, but useful :D

deadastronaut

it will loop and you can play over it with careful setting of the feedback/repeats with no bypass pop at all.. 8)

its not a 'proper' looper tough.. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

JebemMajke

Rob if this is true, I will most definitely try your design soon :D

I think that i have a big enough box ready for swirling ... I always thought that delay must be in a swirled enclosure.

therecordingart

I would totally buy the PCB if the schematic was available. What happens if I run into an issue that requires debugging? The schematic would certainly help with troubleshooting. Unfortunately, me buying the PCB isn't enough to provide me with better tools for troubleshooting. Rather, a carrot is dangled in front of me to spend more money before that happens. That's shady in my book, and that is why I won't be buying one.

pappasmurfsharem

Quote from: therecordingart on May 27, 2014, 03:45:02 PM
I would totally buy the PCB if the schematic was available. What happens if I run into an issue that requires debugging? The schematic would certainly help with troubleshooting. Unfortunately, me buying the PCB isn't enough to provide me with better tools for troubleshooting. Rather, a carrot is dangled in front of me to spend more money before that happens. That's shady in my book, and that is why I won't be buying one.

You get the full product info when you purchase the PCB.
QuoteAnd customers will receive printed documentation to complete the project.
"I want to build a delay, but I don't have the time."

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

Shady! Hehe.
It's not shady, we'll pack a printed page with the pdf to every customer.

Maximum delay is about 2200 mS, looping is definitely possible with that too.

Best.
Fp
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

therecordingart

EDIT: Clarified above.

therecordingart

Quote from: Fp-www.Tonepad.com on May 27, 2014, 04:25:57 PM
Shady! Hehe.
It's not shady, we'll pack a printed page with the pdf to every customer.

Maximum delay is about 2200 mS, looping is definitely possible with that too.

Best.
Fp

Thank you for clarifying. I've bought a few PCBs from you in the past because I wanted to support all of the great info your site provides. Something about this way of doing it just seems odd.

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

Yeah, I agree, it doesn't feel right. Just like the whole situation is odd.
I would love to post it, and will soon, just not immediately. The more rebote3 pcbs sold the easier it is to me to justify spending time on finishing and publishing it and paying for another decade of tonepad hosting and fees.

bandmbill

I have bought 7 PCBs from Tonpad - all excellent - will be ordering some more as soon as possible - we need to support by buying!

Bill

DiyMan

anyone has an idea about what are A , B and C potentiometers in this project? sometimes A is used for log, sometimes for LIN, and C , its always Reverse Log, but just to make sure, can anyone confirm what is A , B, and C in this new rebote 3.0 schematic?

knutolai

Quoteanyone has an idea about what are A , B and C potentiometers in this project? sometimes A is used for log, sometimes for LIN, and C , its always Reverse Log, but just to make sure, can anyone confirm what is A , B, and C in this new rebote 3.0 schematic?

I think Repeats, Level and Delay are Logarithmic, Depth is Linear and Rate is Anti-Log.

Also: Love the parallel delay control! Wanna try something like that some time

uhbom

Hi, transistors for Qx is?

knutolai

QuoteQx is?

2N5087, I'm guessing you could use 2N3906 too. You need a general purpose PNP transistor

uhbom

Quote from: knutolai on July 03, 2014, 12:19:12 PM
QuoteQx is?

2N5087, I'm guessing you could use 2N3906 too. You need a general purpose PNP transistor

thx.