Marty. Martin Lister RIP

Started by Rodgre, May 25, 2014, 01:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joegagan

he always lifted this place. one of the really good guys. RIP.
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

joegagan

my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

Ben N

Wow, that really is sad. What a nice, friendly guy. He is missed.
  • SUPPORTER

soupbone

Oh no :icon_sad: Marty was a cool guy,and was always very helpful.r.i.p. Marty

amptramp

Sorry to hear he is gone but he is now forever young.

Baktown

Did anyone ever find out what happened?

Martin used to email me every year on my birthday, even though I never met him in person.  What a good guy.

RIP MartyMart, your legend lives on forever...

Rick J

Mustachio

Very sad to hear , like many said , to early.

He seemed like a really happy ,funny ,nice fella , and watching some of his performances he was very very talented. Will be missed by many I'm sure.

"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

Mike Burgundy

Wow. My heart is with his friends and family.

B Tremblay

Very sad news.  Marty was a big fan of runoffgroove.com and contributed the winning entry when we held a sound clip contest for the release of Thor.  He later enthusiastically shared how he'd used a few runoffgroove.com circuits when recording backing tracks for a UK celebrity singing benefit in 2007. Here's his message and a link to an archive of the clips:

OK, here's some of the tracks, these include decent guide vocals from which the celebrity contestants learned the songs !
On the TV, they would sing the top lines live - YUK !!

My duties were to program drums, play bass/guitars/keyboards and to sing some of the vocals and harmonies !! ... Not much them !!

ROG Circuits used on these recordings :

Thor - Rhythm stick / Help
Omega - Help/ Can't buy me love
Tube Reamer V2 - Clocks ( subtle guitar ) and Drift away
Flipster on Bass - Rhythm Stick/ Help / Can't buy me love/Clocks

The winning artist was Tara Palmer-Tomkinson, with our track "These boots are made for walkin" which I don't have a finished mix of here, will get one to you asap.

Fun stuff to do and the program was for charity, Comic Relief 
The Comic relief weekend raised over £30,000,000 and this show's
contribution was £1,500,000 !!!
The final show was watched by over 8 million brits .....
Enjoy !!

Marty

http://runoffgroove.com/images/attachments/martystracks.zip
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

gutsofgold

He helped me understand and mod my Unidrive circuit. Always stuck with me how personal he was and how concerned he was that I got the pedal to my liking. Good guy, RIP.

pinkjimiphoton

this really blows, marty was a hell of a nice guy. rest in peace brother!!!!!!! :'(
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

Quackzed

RIP Marty. Though you're gone, you're work here will continue to inspire people far into the future.
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

MrStab

it's a shame i've only just started to read some of Marty's story and the projects he was involved in. we never chatted at great length, but i remember his username being one of those "seals of quality" that inspired confidence in any advice he might've given in a post. i often stopped to re-read the text under his DP for some reason - "Berlin for a while". strange, it just caught my eye a lot.
RIP Marty, thanks for creating.
Recovered guitar player.
Electronics manufacturer.

atreidesheir

i2k

One of the most helpful guy around here, and Alphaville was one of my favorite band during my teenage years. Forever young Marty & only the good die young.

DougH

Wow, that's sad. He was such a nice guy. I remember having many nice conversations with him.
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

Renegadrian

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

puretube

Groove In Peace, Martin!

Thanks for your time.

petemoore

I found a rather large surprise one day, a very nicely prepared ''transatlantic care package'' of parts which arrived ''right out of the blue''...a few days after a fire'd destroyed most of my electronics.
  We typed at great length, and had discussions which covered a very wide range of subjects. Marty was a powerful thinker and an observant 'illuminating communicator''.
  He possessed a rare ability to express a very high order of sentience which continues to permeate. 
  It's a sad shock for us to learn of his physical passing.

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

wampcat1

Just saw this thread... so very sad! :(
Martin and I used to chat a bit as well, and gave me wonderful encouragement when I was trying to start the pedal business. He will be missed!