shop and tool tips & tricks

Started by joegagan, June 05, 2014, 10:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seedlings

You really captured her eyes.

CHAD

deadastronaut

+1 and replacing her whimsical smile with a ceramic cap and the corner of a  dil socket is a stroke of genius...

gallery worthy for sure...... 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

duck_arse

ask the gallery attendants if they might move that bleeding great sculpted hand outta the way, we wanna see the art.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

deadastronaut

Lol...you have a knack of spotting the unobvious,.. ;D

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

vigilante397

Quote from: duck_arse on July 30, 2014, 10:23:46 AM
ask the gallery attendants if they might move that bleeding great sculpted hand outta the way, we wanna see the art.

Working on that :P Does anyone have a verified schematic for telekinesis? :icon_rolleyes:
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

rocket8810

since people seem to be posting things from their other hobbies. here's mine"

and no joke, i built her. motor, interior, suspension, etc. just got back from a road trip since friday.

also, what i do when wiring everything i up, i put my pots, switches, and board in the top/outside of the enclosure in reverse of how i want them. so when they are put into the enclosure everything is right where it should be, the wire length is perfect, and all i have to wire up is the jacks. most importantly i don't have to try to work in a cramped spot with my sausage fingers.

deadastronaut

thought i'd lob this in here..

i got fed up with not being able to see my trim pots settings on breadboard,

so i sprayed white primer into the can lid, let evaporate, then pushed the primer into

the ready made slots with a pin...voila', no more straining my eyes to see..

spot the difference.. 8)

Brisance

built a tube beakout board with a transformer for the heater. I will improve it once I get more breadboards.

italianguy63

Quote from: rocket8810 on July 30, 2014, 03:46:54 PM
since people seem to be posting things from their other hobbies. here's mine"

and no joke, i built her. motor, interior, suspension, etc. just got back from a road trip since friday.

also, what i do when wiring everything i up, i put my pots, switches, and board in the top/outside of the enclosure in reverse of how i want them. so when they are put into the enclosure everything is right where it should be, the wire length is perfect, and all i have to wire up is the jacks. most importantly i don't have to try to work in a cramped spot with my sausage fingers.

What year?  '70?  '71?

I had a '68 in high school.  327ci/TH350

I love Chevelle's other than the coil spring rears... Some day I swear I will build a '63 Nova with a 383 stroker!!

I just sold the 350/5 speed I had built in the garage to help pay for my medical bills & new Indian.  So many toys, so little money.

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

italianguy63

BTW--  I like the rims and the color a lot!  Nice job!!

Does it have the cowl induction flap?  Those are cool...
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

rocket8810

Quote from: italianguy63 on July 17, 2015, 02:48:55 AM
BTW--  I like the rims and the color a lot!  Nice job!!

Does it have the cowl induction flap?  Those are cool...

she's a 71 that was my first car since i was 16, so that's 14yrs in november. i don't have the cowl induction flap, to put it in is something like 1k in small parts, and a lot of plumping that's not worth the effort, even though they look awesome. thanks for the compliments, it's a labor of love. i've got a little 355sbc that puts out somewhere around 480hp, but i want and plan on building a turbo LS with >700hp, but i don't really have the cash to do it. i think i spent over a month picking out the car color and stripe combo, the wheels took like 3 months to figure out, and don't even get me started on everything else. i think i'm a little anal about it. lol

right now i've working on building a new 12bolt rear, got some new headers, and chassis bracing i'm working on putting in. there's nothing wrong with coil springs if you have everything set up right. if you're ever up in my neck of the woods you're more the welcome to hang out and go for a drive. it's like a corvette, but steel and seats 5. ;D

i love the 30's car you put up. i've been on the hunt for a 2 door 30's chevy coupe for ages, to build, but can never find one. i've never been a huge fan of novas, but they can be great fun cars.

anyways, back to the original topic before i digressed way too much. lol. rob, that idea is ingenuous. so simple and so useful.

Digger1770

I use this tool I made from a plastic curtain rod cap with a flat driver bit cast into it so it fits the drill press, I fill the end with a wad of steel wool (000 grade or whatever) and get great effects polishing different metals/alloys.
The tool:

The effect:

This can also be done by hand with a wad of steel wool especially in aluminium.
Cheers Dave

peterc

Nice Dave.

Another method of creating this circular effect is to use white a pencil eraser. Cut it to fit into the press and swirl away. Used by Rolls Royce on some of their pre WWII cars, interestingly.

Peter

rocket8810

damn dave, that's brilliant. i've got to make me one of those. i was thinking what to do to make an engine turned look before a colored clear.