synchronize 2 LT1054s?

Started by jdub, June 10, 2014, 02:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdub

Has anyone ever tried to synchronize the clocks of 2 LT1054s? Couldn't find anything here or on the webs...sent a request to TI support and haven't gotten a reply.  Datasheet tells how to synchronize one 1054 to an external clock, but I'm unclear as to how to sync with another 1054.  I'm fiddling with a power supply circuit where one is used as a doubler and another as an inverter, and I'm getting what I believe is heterodyning between the two ICs.  Suggestions?
A boy has never wept nor dashed a thousand kim

armdnrdy

There are a few data sheets running around out there for the 1054. Some are better than others for application info.

I don't know if you have this one: http://www.jameco.com/Jameco/Products/ProdDS/1351849.pdf
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

R.G.

Make an external clock to drive both of them. A couple of CMOS gates, or a clock chip from an old BBD, maybe a CMOS 555 even.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

samhay

^one is used as a doubler and another as an inverter

Or depending on how much current you need, use one charge pump to do both at the same time.
I'm a refugee of the great dropbox purge of '17.
Project details (schematics, layouts, etc) are slowly being added here: http://samdump.wordpress.com

jdub

@Larry: Thanks, I noticed that...already have that one, though  :)

@samhay: Yeah, I need the extra current provided by the dual setup...tried the other way, but IIRC, using one chip for both functions yields ~25mA, I need around 40mA...

@RG: I was so focused on synching one 1054 to the other, that I didn't even think of this, the simplest solution...doh!  See, RG, that's why you make the big bucks  :D 

Just out of curiosity, though, do you know if it's possible to synch one to the other?  I couldn't suss out which pin you would take the clock signal from on the 1054, or if you even can...
A boy has never wept nor dashed a thousand kim

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: jdub on June 10, 2014, 02:25:03 PM
...sent a request to TI support and haven't gotten a reply.  

The LT1054 is also made by Linear.

Try them... they may be a bit more receptive and helpful  :icon_mrgreen:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'