Making turret-boards using solder-pins.

Started by Liquitone, June 13, 2014, 09:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarboy2828

Awesome PDF, thank you!!!!

I was just wondering, did you design all your components to size in Corel? Or did you have a pack you downloaded? I'm very keen to try this method, but hoping to avoid designing all my components to size  :icon_redface:

Liquitone

Thank you and you're welcome :)
Yes I designed them in coreldraw. Are you using coreldraw or a .cdrfile compatible program?, otherwise let me know what you need and I can see if I can export it for use.
I will send you the complete design template including the veroboard template after I get back from the shops. Just check if the measurements are correct with your parts, as I only drew for instance a mallory150 400V for 0.1uF because that's what is in my parts-bin, and depending on voltage rating/brand measurements will differ.
Transistors, resistor, diodes etc. will all fit the 3 hole spacing, unless you use big carbon- comps and such. On some parts like the panasonic 1uf SMF cap there is no value written because that's the only value I use that has that shape, and the writing tended to crash the program when moving the part, but iIll write those values underneath them so you which is which.

Guitarboy2828

That'd be awesome. I use Illustrator. It can open some CDR files, so it's possible I can. Otherwise, if you export as PDF with maintain layers on, it'll work perfectly!

Email:guitarboy2828@gmail dot com

Thanks again! :D

Liquitone

The pdf export is a bit confusing so I'm posting the .cdr
Because this template is instrumental to the tutorial I'm posting the link to the .rar on google drive for everyone to download. If anyone needs a different file format let me know which and how I could best export it.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1oITFpUkTjwS2F6aGZkTnlLNDg/edit