GuitarPCB Industrial Fuzz Sub switch question

Started by bassjunkie, June 14, 2014, 08:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassjunkie

I'd like to add a switch that extends the low shelf of the industrial fuzz to get deeper oscillations.

Would changing C2 from 0.1uf to 1uf or 10uf get me there?

http://www.guitarpcb.com/PDF%20Files/IndFuzz_v3.pdf

I'm looking at the subs switch for the zvex distortron and looks pretty simple to implement.

PRR

> extends the low shelf of the industrial fuzz to get deeper oscillations.

Don't know what the "low shelf" is, or if that affects the oscillation rate.

Any oscillation in this mess will be a relaxation type instability which is not amenable to simple analysis.

But it has to be about a cap, and there's only four caps on there. C4 shouldn't have any effect. C1 is so huge I don't think it could matter. That leaves C2 and C3. If you already have your sights on C2, then make a big change there and see what you hear.
  • SUPPORTER

bassjunkie

Picked up from another post by Joe Gagan about mods to the fuzz factory.

...typical input cap blend mod adds a world of dimension to that pedal. the .01 cap between q1 and q2 gets a 100k pot>3.3 uf cap paralleling the .01. it's a beautiful thing.

my other favorite mod is to put a germ npn in place of the si q1. softens up the tone in a really pretty way

also here is a souncloud cloud post from a person that switched in a 2.2uf cap for the ocupling cap between Q1 and Q2.

I'm going to switch between 1uf and 470nf and experiment with other values. maybe I'll ultimately put in the parallel capacitance recommended above.