Marshall Double Footswitch Repair?

Started by steveyraff, June 16, 2014, 11:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveyraff

Hey guys,

A friend gave me a footswitch for his Marshall combo which is broken - he wanted to see if I could fix it.

Its a standard two button Marshall footswitch, one for switching channel and the other to switch REVERB on.

I thought it would be very straight forward, i.e a loose solder joint or something. I checked out the joints and it seemed ok. He said he had a go at fixing it so now I am unsure if he has re-wired it properly, which could be an added problem.

Does anyone know of a wiring diagram or where I could find one? Or even have any advice on what the problem could be? He told me that neither switch worked so I guessed it was a problem with the cable or jack end.

Steve.
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

drolo

Hi,

Here is a thread about the same thing with schematics:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=94664.0

The one for the Peavey seems to be the same as Marshall uses.

Check if the ring and tip get shorted to the ground (sleave) of the jack when you press the switch.
It could be either the switches, the wiring or the actual cable.

steveyraff

Quote from: drolo on June 16, 2014, 11:48:25 AM
Hi,

Here is a thread about the same thing with schematics:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=94664.0

The one for the Peavey seems to be the same as Marshall uses.

Check if the ring and tip get shorted to the ground (sleave) of the jack when you press the switch.
It could be either the switches, the wiring or the actual cable.

Cool! I actually worked it out myself and got it back in working order. But this schematic has me wondering if I could also put some LEDs on it now lol. I have no idea if the MGFX he has can power them though!  :-\

Thanks!
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

drolo

Glad it worked out.
For the leds, give it a try, worst thing that can happen is that it does not work ... or that you fry the leds;-)