EP Boost Layout... Rules Thrown out.

Started by Ark Angel HFB, June 17, 2014, 09:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ark Angel HFB

So every once and a while I like to just ignore all my normal rules about design and make some stupid...

Today I decided to to see just how small I could get a vero circuit if did the unthinkable...

Mid board wires? Check
Standing components? Check
Shared Holes? Check.

Not drilling holes to run wires through so the solder joint can't be stressed... @#$% I'm that I'm not stupid.

"..So I hooked up the power and it was the greatest Radio I'd ever heard. Too bad I was trying to make a Tremolo..."

digi2t

Quote from: Ark Angel HFB on June 17, 2014, 09:10:22 PM
So every once and a while I like to just ignore all my normal rules about design and make some stupid...

Today I decided to to see just how small I could get a vero circuit if did the unthinkable...

Mid board wires? Check
Standing components? Check
Shared Holes? Check.

Why unthinkable?

Mid board wires...

Standing components...

Not going to bother posting a picture, almost every vero I've ever done has them. So, how about a picture of a nice, original, Superfuzz instead...

Shared holes...

Can't find one right now, but I've done it on one or two. Or three.

But... you missed a rule! How about, "Thou shalt not run jumpers under resistors"? (Hint: R25 & R26)

So, what is normal? :icon_rolleyes:

As for drilling for the wires, OK, you've one upped me on that one. I ain't touchin' that with a 10 foot barge pole. :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

roseblood11

Components below IC's, component legs used as jumpers, jumpers at IC pins...

It's really silly if you have to debug it, but if it works, it looks cool.

The buffer fits into the small side of a 1590A box, I use it as input buffer on my pedalboard.

duck_arse

it's nice to see someone else's rules set. flying links used to be my forte, but now I'm flat laying and under-linking everything.

but those parts mounted slantwise? no, not for me. not even slanty links.

carry on.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.