Strange happenings in LFO land!

Started by armdnrdy, June 22, 2014, 03:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armdnrdy

I've been experimenting with moving the sweep location and start point of an LFO around with a momentary switch. I took some reference from this thread: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=59385.0
and from a LFO reset modification from a synth site.

This is what I have on the bread board:

It seems to work fine....except for one issue. When I apply the same voltage as the bottom of the sweep, (.877V) the sweep moves up or to the top if I hold down the momentary.

When I apply the same voltage as the top of the sweep, (4.5V) the opposite happens, the sweep moves down or to the bottom if the momentary is held down.

SW1 switches between two voltage dividers that provide the same voltage as the min/max LFO voltage. You'll notice that on my drawing I have SW1 labeled "TOP" (UP) and "BOTTOM" (DOWN) but the opposite happens when in those positions.

This defies all logic! Does anyone know what's going on here?

Edit: The two different dotted lines depict separate connections for different options. They are not connected simultaneously.
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)