Help with second build. Booster with Mods.

Started by steveyraff, June 24, 2014, 08:22:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveyraff

Hey guys,

To all those who helped me with my Cornish G2 build - many thanks. I've made quite a few of them since and have been enjoying all sorts of mods etc. It's really helped my learning curve.

Anyway - I'd like to try something a little different - and something a little more relaxing/easier to make.

I'd looked into a Zvex Super Hard-On. Maybe its just with my rig, but to my ears it didn't sound great, and not near as impressive as some demos I'd listened to online. I made 2 of them and they were both the same. I know it wasn't an error, I think its just the kind of guitar, pickups and amp etc I use. Didn't suit me much.

Anyway, I've been impressed with all the AMZ Mini-Booster builds I've read up on. Rather than just go with the straight forward version, I'd like to build one incorporating a few mods I've found. More specifically the an added Tone Control and also a Fat Switch which uses two LED's to drop voltage.

I've found these mods on this page: http://www.muzique.com/tech/miniboo1.htm

I was going to use the tag board layout here: http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/amz-mini-booster.html

So two starting point enquiries that I have. Firstly, being a novice 'n all, I can't really read schematics so well, or at least well enough to translate visual into how I'd go about making it - so I have to follow tag board or PCB plans. The first problem here is that I have no idea how to add the 2 mods I stated from the first link, and incorporate them into the tag board on the second link.

Secondly - I'd prefer to work with PCB's. I was wondering if there was a good PCB layout somewhere for this booster? I've been messing around with EAGLE software so I was even wondering if I could make my own PCB based on the original booster layout but incorporating the mods?

I hope I've explained myself clearly - sorry if I haven't. I'm just sort of thinking out the ground work for the next project before I start and this is my train of thought so far.

Many thanks!
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk