CIC Blue 3PDT Specs

Started by TheWinterSnow, June 24, 2014, 10:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWinterSnow

Searching didn't come up with anything, I am making a PCB adapter for a CIC Blue 3PDT PCB Mount switch which I am ordering through OSH Park, unfortunately I am still waiting on the Switch so I cannot measure the dimensions and I would like to order as soon as possible because the PCB stuff is already going to take the longest getting to me.  I know that the solder lug variants are lager (or are they)?  I need to know the pin pitch and the diameter of the lead, the MadBean library uses a 40 mil drill and I would imagine that would be safe but you could never be too sure, but I am mostly unsure of the pin pitch.  Would I be wrong assuming that the PCB mount version has the standard 5.08mm pin pitch or something else 4.5mm perhaps?  The MadBean Library does have a 4.5mm pitch and it looks like it is more setup for PCB Mount and the other one has large size drills that have a pitch at 5.08mm. 

Unfortunately I can't find the datasheet anywhere.

CodeMonk

I measured one of mine...

5.08 x 4.50

5.08 measured on the flat side of the pins and 4.5 on the pin edges (measured on pin center)

pin dimensions are 1.29 x 0.78

TheWinterSnow

I just checked again in the madbean library and the PC mount version is measuring 5 x 4.5.  My solder lug version measures the same but the pins measure 2.1 x 0.78. 

Yours is a solder pin and not solder lug?

smallbearelec

TheWinterSnow

Thanks, that would be one of my suggestions, with Small Bear, its a real pain to not have drawings and datasheets for currently in production stuff.

Incidentally I just purchased $30 worth of stuff from you earlier today (including the switch).  Grade A customer service my friend.

EDIT:  I am an idiot, never noticed the "library" at small bear, has what I need.  Error in the grey matter, doh!

TheWinterSnow

excuse my ignorance on switches, but how is the pin layout on these.  The ones that are shorter towards each other are on the same pole or is that not universal?