Author Topic: Iron Butterfly fuzz wah.  (Read 7989 times)

blackieNYC

Re: Iron Butterfly fuzz wah.
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2015, 08:41:10 AM »
Maybe old news, but I believe the "tone" control is, just like the fuzz rite, not a tone control but a panner between the two transistors. In this case a different filter is added to each. No? 
On the fuzz rite, it really just sweeps between two very different distortions, nothing filter-y about it. Tried reducing the size of the panner to reduce the attenuation in the middle, but it just took away some diversity from the fuzz. Like the man said, output stage. 
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Thing Modulator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

Electron Tornado

Re: Iron Butterfly fuzz wah.
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2015, 09:34:22 PM »
Finally ran across the video this evening. The sound of the fuzz with the reverb really reminded me of this band:

OK, I finally got a video done. Fuzz alone first, and then fuzz wah together.

Doesn't sound half bad. Got that old school fuzz feel to it. I think it's almost worth sticking into a wah shell... if I had one to spare. :icon_rolleyes:

OK, where's the data?

"Top hole. Bally Jerry pranged his kite right in the how's your father. Hairy blighter, dicky-birdied, feathered back on his Sammy, took a waspy, flipped over his Betty Harper's and caught his can in the Bertie."