Scotch Bonnet: another stab at an Escobedo classic, the 'Bronx Cheer'.

Started by garcho, June 27, 2014, 03:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garcho

Howdy Mr. Duck Arse. There is an inductor between the two caps, so it's not simply capacitors in series, it's C>L>C. Try breadboarding it to see what the differences are for yourself, the chances I put it in there because I was doing the math on the pickup simulator "circuitry" (thanks again to Jack Orman et al) verses going by ear are slim. I do some math but only to get me started, then I noodle by ear. As you mentioned, that was a few years ago now, I'm slowly getting back into building but I've been super busy so I haven't got to this quite yet. I will be sending in for a batch of boards sooner than later though. Hopefully sometime in January. Cheers!
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

brianq

Wow, nice n' buzzy, in a good way. mine didn't sound half as good as yours. I may have to rediscover Bronx Cheer some more? Those graphics gave me psychedelic flashback ???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

garcho

^ thanks! while being based on the Bronx Cheer it's not the exact same, compare the two and you can see what i noodled with. the main idea is duct-taping a diode as a voltage controlled resistor instead of using an OTA
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"