Noise coming from my modified Valvecaster 2!

Started by SunofDoom, June 28, 2014, 10:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunofDoom

Hello,

this is my first topic on your beautiful forum.I just finished a slightly modified version of the famous Valvecaster 2.

Unfortunately i am dealing with loud buzz noise while the effect is on.Bypass wiring looks ok.When pedal is off clean sound of the guitar comes through nice.
When it is engaged I've got a fuzzy drop octave sound and a lot of buzz coming out of it.Triple checked the wiring and everything looks ok.
BUT while on the + and the negative wire in the dc jack is connected but as far as i can see in the schematic the heater lugs are connected so that should make sense.

In fact i took the original schematic and instead of the gain pots i put a 10k normal resistor.I am using only one 3pdt switch so the two tube stages are always connected.
Finally i left just the volume pot in the end.(10k at the moment).

I am using a filtered-regulated power supply, the one from tonepad running the pedal at 9 volts at the moment(probably switch to 12 when i get rid of the noise)

And here's the voltages from the tubes:

tube 1

1:6v
2:0.04v
3:0.07v
4:0v
5:6.9v
6:5.12v
7:0.11
8:0
9:3.47

tube 2

1:6.14v
2:0.26v
3:0.02v
4:0v
5:6.91v
6:6.02v
7:0v
8:0v
9:3.41v

Thanks in advance!

SunofDoom

PRR

Some of that might be right or wrong depending on the exact design (there are MANY mods of this idea).

Link to the plan you used.
  • SUPPORTER

SunofDoom

Sorry for being so late..

After some expirements i discovered that something was wrong with my power supply..

Tried it with a friend of mine and worked as it should..sorry or opening a thread so quickly..

Happy buildings..