Modded Boss SD-1

Started by bob barcus, June 28, 2014, 05:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob barcus

.My question is do boss pedals use 1/2 watt or 1/4 watt resistors,and can I use both in the same pedal..I did a mod  to my SD-1 to make it more like a TS 808, down at the output I used 3, 1/4 watt carbon Comp (R) I changed (R)15-16-17 and C10 from .1uf to 10uf  Can mixing resistor wattage mess anything up? :icon_redface:

GibsonGM

Usually 1/4 watt, and yes, go ahead and use them!    Mixing is fine, just that the higher the rating, the physically larger the resistor.    At 9V, you're highly unlikely to ever exceed a 1/4 watt's rating in one of these designs....
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

bob barcus

Thanks.... I changed alot of the caps to panasonic and added a GE to D6.It has been fun tweeking this pedal.I think it sounds pretty good.Not as harsh sounding,but a bit noiser I only burned one trace

GibsonGM

They are fun, and a good way to start in. I did the same thing, then wanted to hear all these different things, so started building! 
You probably will, too!
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...