Anyone know about the Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus?

Started by brokenstarguitar, July 03, 2014, 07:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokenstarguitar

I had a VDL Analog Chorus back in 2005 and it did not have the volume reduction mod. I LOVED how it would boost the volume when engaged. Anyway, i sold that a few yrs back and went with a different chorus pedal. I recently realized the VDL is the chorus I want and bought another one but this one does not have that volume boost and it does not have that volume reduction mod. So Im a bit confused. I contacted VDL to see if i could add a volume pot for the effect but I was told that if I added a volume pot the effect wouldnt get any louder than it is at the moment. Has anyone ever had this issue (with any pedal) and what can i do to get that volume boost? Will an added pot help? Should I swap some resistors? I just dont know what to do. Thanks people.

pappasmurfsharem

Quote from: brokenstarguitar on July 03, 2014, 07:07:38 PM
I had a VDL Analog Chorus back in 2005 and it did not have the volume reduction mod. I LOVED how it would boost the volume when engaged. Anyway, i sold that a few yrs back and went with a different chorus pedal. I recently realized the VDL is the chorus I want and bought another one but this one does not have that volume boost and it does not have that volume reduction mod. So Im a bit confused. I contacted VDL to see if i could add a volume pot for the effect but I was told that if I added a volume pot the effect wouldnt get any louder than it is at the moment. Has anyone ever had this issue (with any pedal) and what can i do to get that volume boost? Will an added pot help? Should I swap some resistors? I just dont know what to do. Thanks people.

No an added volume pot can only make it the same volume or less.

Why not just build a small booster pedal and run it after the chorus.that way you don't have to touch the original. And have a booster that can be used for anything?
"I want to build a delay, but I don't have the time."