What DC power jack does Danelectro use?

Started by LucifersTrip, July 04, 2014, 11:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LucifersTrip

A friend brought over a Danelectro French Toast octave fuzz with broken DC jack for repair. The board-mounted jack was removed and is broken into 5 pieces so I don't know exactly what it looked like and don't own any Dano pedals.

Is it this standard one they use? or?
http://www.taydaelectronics.com/dc-power-jack-2-1mm-barrel-type-pcb-mount.html

thanx

edit:
here it is...haven't tried to puzzle it together yet.

always think outside the box

armdnrdy

The Tayda link includes a data sheet. Download the PDF and check the footprint to the holes on the board.
The jack should be a standard size.
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

LucifersTrip

Thanx...not a bad idea. I'll check that out shortly.

btw, if anyone has or can find a gutshot of any Dano pedal in that line, it'd be helpful.

armdnrdy

I took a look on the net and it turns out that Danelectro uses this type of jack.

Your best bet of finding one of these is probably Mouser.
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

LucifersTrip

Thanx alot! I just couldn't find a good gutshot. I knew it...it just didn't seem those broken pieces would form the standard one sold at Tayda & Smallbear.

Sad, I don't need anything at all from Mouser. I'll check out a bunch of other places including Radio Shack.

thanx again

armdnrdy

Maybe try contacting Danelectro and see if you can get a Jack from them.

http://www.danelectro.com/service.html

LucifersTrip

I contacted them a couple days before posting and am waiting for a reply.

...couldn't find that jack anywhere, not even a single pic in google images (other than in the pedal itself) or anything on eBay. Though, it's possible it's
one of the un-pictured ones at Mouser.

LucifersTrip

I somehow missed the jack pics in my earlier search attempts....just for reference, the other view

StarGeezers

Trip , I had the same problem , ended up gluing mine back together .... Cheap plastic jacks (grrrr!)   Not made for being plugged in all the time ...   In a pinch you could add a socket on a wire , run through the hole , externally ...

LucifersTrip

Yours might be stronger now than before it broke! I might have too many pieces, but that would be a last ditch option.

StarGeezers

After looking Everywhere for the part  (even wading through the Mouser site) , this was my last option , and it's still holding (JB Weld)  ... 

armdnrdy

LucifersTrip

too cheap of a pedal to spend time rehousing...other solution: can buy many broken Dano pedals on eBay for $5 plus shipping.

StarGeezers

Or just wire up a common 9V DC socket  to some wires from the PC board to the the case where the DC hole is ... Leave enough wire for removing the board ... Simple ... no more worries ...

armdnrdy

LucifersTrip

That's great...that should make it easier to track down...thanx

LucifersTrip

Coincidentally, Dano (Marcy) got back to me today and are sending one after their order comes in...

armdnrdy

Another satisfied Danelectro customer!   ;D

Buzz

Wow, I haven't mucked around with a danelectro pedal yet and this is the first time I've seen that kind of DC jack.

What an awful design. Looks made to break.
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected stompbox machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the MIDI-controller!