News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

DIY Test Equipment

Started by psychedelicfish, July 05, 2014, 06:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebunny

Quote from: duck_arse on July 30, 2014, 10:08:19 AM
dunno what the bloke designed the board was thinking, it is a right mess, wires everywhere

Looks like one of Rob's designs.   ;D ;D ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

psychedelicfish

Quote from: duck_arse on July 30, 2014, 10:08:19 AM
@psych - can you show or link to your circuit, my triangle has square tops.
There you go. I'm running mine on regulated ±9V, your square tops could be due to a low supply voltage, but it's more likely to be something to do with pin 2 (see the amplitude control on the schematic linked above).
If at first you don't succeed... use bigger transistors!

Kipper4

Anyone tried makeshift Vactrols bound in plastacine for test purposes. breadboard maybe?
Whats your thoughts?
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

duck_arse

mmmm, I wish it was rob's, I could curse him properly then.

I was dreading that resistor, because mine is single supply, with fixed resistor to V/2, and a volume pot for level. and I've got no more switch positions .... I feel another stupid mod coming on.
don't make me draw another line.

Hemmel

I tried searching for the thread but can't find it. Someone posted (about 2 months ago) something about small voltage LED displays, bought from China on eBay (I think).
Someone remember where that thread is ?

I thought it would've been in this one, or on a breadboarding thread.... can't find it...
Bââââ.

duck_arse

don't make me draw another line.

Hemmel

Thanks d_a !!!
My bad, I looked fast through the thread looking for a picture....

Now I have it, thanks again!
Bââââ.

Valoosj

This is my little setup to check if a pedal is working, and find out some other things too.

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

kaycee

No scopes for me, just some basic but useful tools that see a fair bit of service.

They are all placed on my bread/breakout board and clockwise from top right are.

Noisy Cricket amp with built in distortion circuit (i don't like firing up the valve amp just to find it doesn't even pass signal at all!)

New addition, one of those multi component testers, I have a Peake but the batteries are expensive and don't last long. this does all I need and more.

The coil of wire with a plug is a signal probe.

The black box is a tone generator.

My trusty multimeter.

And last but by no means least, when all these fail, 'The Pliers Of Death' - the final solution