AION Electronics Stratus Question

Started by Strat68, July 09, 2014, 08:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strat68

I built one but no sound.  I'm sure it's something I've done.  Does anyone have any photos of a completed build of the stock Tube Screamer version?  Symmetrical clipping using 914's and I populated the second section with the Love Pedal/Bluesbreaker clipping.  I'm guessing I have some mis-oriented clipping diodes.  I added the "Bright" mod which seems pretty straight forward.  I successfully built their Helios (Rat) and it works great.

Here's a link to the doc:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/29cy1vnw287u9ne/aion-stratus-ts9-documentation.pdf

Thanks!

nate77

I've built about a dozen boards from aion and they're all killer PCB's. lots of great options (especially on the TS and BB boards) and the only problems I ever came across were of my doing. Kevin is a great guy and helped me out a ton but now that he is busier I assume its not really possible to help out customers as much (which isn't a real issue as its clear that no direct tech support is offered). It would beach easier if you uploaded pics and let hundreds if us look at them as apposed to you seeing a pic of a successful board. If you can get pics, I'll go through them and we'll figure this out. Good luck man

Strat68

Thanks! I'm in the process or re-mounting the diodes and checking a couple points on the board.  I'll post some photos if there is still a problem.

Strat68

I remounted the diodes into sockets and re-did the off board wiring and it works now.  Must have been some sloppy work which I assumed it was.  Thanks for the offers of help!

duck_arse

it's amazing how many builds are fixxed by the threat of photos .....
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Strat68

LOL!  It was really the threat of going to the bother of taking and posting them.  The AION builds look pretty good when done and it must take real talent to make it look like a mess.  Although I did fix a crooked switch just in case.

bool

aion

Sorry I didn't catch this sooner, but glad to see you got it going!