News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Greetings

Started by Wheeliebar, July 09, 2014, 03:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheeliebar

Hey guys. Just wanted to introduce myself before I plagued you with my issues.

I'm a small time player. I love small tube amps. I also dig hollow and semi hollow guitars.
I've built 2 GGG pedals ; the WHRL and a Civil War muff clone. They were both great successes but I've had issues building JD's new Univox SuperFuzz. (I'll get to that in another post - possibly a bad transistor)

As far as electronics go, I'm pretty green. If layout diagrams didn't exist I'd be lost. Schematics fall into that whole hieroglyphic/quantum physics realm for me.

Anyway, I'm sure there's lots of guys like me ...and hopefully a few that are way smarter and willing to help. I'll thank you all in advance.  :icon_wink:
I look forward to learning as much as possible.
Sean

mth5044

Welcome to the forum!

Beavis Audio is a great place for beginners to read up on things rather than just paint by colors. GEOFEX seems to have limitless information, but sometimes it can be way beyond entry level investigators (and even beyond those who understand things  :icon_lol: )

The search function on this site is also an endless resource. It's highly likely that whatever question you want answered has been asked on here, somewhere.

Finally, make sure you follow the debugging thread instructions when you post your help thread! It's in the build your own stompboxes subforum.

Wheeliebar

Thanks!
I checked out that debugging thread "instructions" post. I've already learned a few things just from that!
Time to go back with the multimeter and check a couple things I may have missed.  :icon_wink: