125B eagle template

Started by maxkracht, July 09, 2014, 08:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxkracht

Here is an eagle library with a template for a 125b enclosure.  The template is on the "measures" layer, so make sure it is visible.  Hopefully this is useful to someone.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=12024646306948296954  Also, this is my first post, so I apologize if I put this in the wrong place.

armdnrdy

I loaded it in Eagle and it says that there is invalid data in this file. I tried twice.

The library doesn't even show when searching the board library.

Did you make this or find this?
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

maxkracht

I just made it today.  I tried deleting it from my libraries, downloading from the link, then reinstalling the library.  Still works fine for me.  Could this be a problem with software versions?  I'm using eagle 6.6.0 light. 

armdnrdy

Quote from: maxkracht on July 09, 2014, 08:52:59 PM
Could this be a problem with software versions?  I'm using eagle 6.6.0 light. 

Good question. I've never encountered a problem adding a library.
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

armdnrdy

Okay...

I have two Eagle versions on my PC. The first is an older version of Eagle light, and the second is the professional version. (gathered by slightly unscrupulous means)

I updated the light version and like magic!!! your 125B template appeared.

It looks good.

I've been drawing the board outline dimensions (including corner cut outs) for each board file using the dimension layer.

Something you might need to know. The 125B purchased from different suppliers are slightly different inner/outer dimensions and a big difference in wall thicknesses. I just found this out on my last build. The two enclosures I compared were from Tayda and Mammoth.

mth5044

I've had some problems with non-compatibility between versions of the light edition. I should really update to take advantage of your file!

I had read that your files get... disappeared when you do it. True? Probably not. Still scared? Yes.

maxkracht

I'm glad it finally worked for you!  I wish software designers would make things backwards compatible...  I drew this from the Hammond data sheet, and tested it via paper cutout on a Mammoth (4site) enclosure.  The wall thickness should be very close, if not exact, to the datasheet and the first and second lines on the outer walls signify the widest part and the thinnest part of the angle in the enclosure.  I will leave some wiggle room if I start trying out other boxes. 

armdnrdy

The last board that I made had no "wiggle room." It was a revision/modification of something I had previously worked out.

Board mounted pots, audio jacks, and DC jack. The PCB also had two board mounted LEDs.

The audio jacks that I used were Neutrik NMJ4HCD2 that has the ferrule nut that screws into the jack instead of the nut that screws onto the jack.

That is how I found out that the two 125B enclosures were different sizes and thicknesses. The jacks fit in the Mammoth box but I had to do a bit of retrofitting (trimmed the front of the jacks down) to make the board fit in the Tayda box.

Beo

Version 6.6.0 Pro is available through slightly unscrupulous means, if you want to go to the latest pro.

armdnrdy

Quote from: Beo on July 09, 2014, 11:33:27 PM
Version 6.6.0 Pro is available through slightly unscrupulous means, if you want to go to the latest pro.

And if one were to be so morally destitute as to find pleasure in acquiring the aforementioned goods...where would he go to find it?

You can PM me....We  don't want to be a bad influence or bring down heat on the bystanders.  :icon_wink:

pappasmurfsharem

Quote from: armdnrdy on July 10, 2014, 01:06:17 AM
Quote from: Beo on July 09, 2014, 11:33:27 PM

And if one were to be so morally destitute as to find pleasure in acquiring the aforementioned goods...where would he go to find it?

You can PM me....We  don't want to be a bad influence or bring down heat on the bystanders.  :icon_wink:

I'm a fan of unscrupulous means got 6.5 myself :)
"I want to build a delay, but I don't have the time."

armdnrdy

I did a bit of research and it seems as if the data structure of the EAGLE files has been changed from binary to XML format starting with 6.0

So...if you have an earlier version than 6.0 this template will not work. Time to upgrade your Eagle version.

I also looked at some of the newer versions features. There are some great upgrades to the package creation part.

athanasius

Could you please re-upload?