Ebs Valvedrive issue..

Started by SunofDoom, July 15, 2014, 08:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donpipo

Hi guys, sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'd be very interested by Mike's schematic!
I'm facing a similar issues with mine.
Thanks for your help :)

VintageGear

Years ago I had same problem as the TS. The internal transformer was dead; check the voltage on the pins on yours (WATCH OUT, HIGH VOLTAGE!!!)!!!
EBS sent me a new one for a very reasonable price

donpipo

What were the symptoms?

The pedal works fine for 5 minutes.
I had time to check that voltage decreases slowly from around 200V on powerup to 0V on C13, C14, C15 and C16 after those 5 minutes.

Any ideas?

VintageGear

My symptoms were very faint sound if I remember correctly.
I guess replacing the transformer is your best shot... Sounds like it heats up and then breaks a connection or something..? Not entirely sure of course.

donpipo

The transformer or something else, but, yes, seems like something breaks when heating... Still investigating...
EBS will send me a new one for 20 euros shipping included.

donpipo

Transformer replaced. And a Valvedrive back on the road! ;)
The culprit was heating up and losing a winding (hairline crack).
EBS have sent a new one, molded and sealed, which feels like an upgrade/solution. Along with a new volume pot.

VintageGear

donpipo

Forgot to mention that EBS kindly provided a service manual on request, in exchange of a signed non-disclosure document.
As they accept to dispatch technical info and specific replacement parts to the enthusiastic end-user, quickly, fairly priced and without questions...
Big thumbs up for their aftersales support!
I think it's worth mentioning :)