Echo Base Delay w/offboard 3PDT wiring board

Started by funkgang49, July 25, 2014, 12:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funkgang49

I am trying to use a 3PDT wiring board from GPCB which has it's own hookup for effect on/off LED w/ the Echo Base Delay board but I am not getting any signal out either with effect on or in bypass mode. I have neg. & pos. leads from 3PDT board to NEG & POS/LED pads on EBD board. Board Input & Board Output leads are hooked up from 3PDT board to respective EBD board IN/OUT pads. I have left Bypass pads unused. Any help and/or insight would be greatly appreciated!  ;D

karbomusic

Echobase contains a builtin buffered bypass circuit in order to enable tails functionality etc. If you used an external bypass then you need to permanently have it unbypassed on the circuit and you would also lose the tails feature and so on.

funkgang49

Thanks Karbo! One more question: With the Neg. & Pos. leads for the LED connecting to the POS/NEG pads on the ECB board where are the Ground/9v Power leads to be connected?

karbomusic

Quote from: funkgang49 on July 28, 2014, 10:44:32 AM
Thanks Karbo! One more question: With the Neg. & Pos. leads for the LED connecting to the POS/NEG pads on the ECB board where are the Ground/9v Power leads to be connected?

If I remember possibly between the Level and Feedback pads, top-left of PCB? The onboard LED also displays LFO speed etc. so if you want only an ON/OFF LED you might just add a second one for that?

funkgang49

Doooh! Looking right at it but couldn't see the forest through all the trees! Thanks again Karbo!