News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

some first builds

Started by Chaloney, July 25, 2014, 05:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaloney

how can it be "some" and "first" at the same time, you ask?  well, its a first guitar kit - from byoguitars, a first amp build - a fetzer-ruby, and a first (this millenium anyway) pedal build - improved EA tremolo kit from GGG. 

and a first pick; at least first one that ive used, since i lost the one i made after i got my pick punch but before i had a guitar to play.

Chaloney

Quackzed

that guitar came out awesome! very cool!!!  8)
love the flamey top!
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

duck_arse

that is a nice looking piece of wood, chalony.

I still have my first pick, white fender medium, from 1979.
don't make me draw another line.

jimilee

Chaloney

Thank you all.  It's been a long wait to get back into guitar playing. (15 years or so)  I got the guitar kit for my birthday and as it was coming together I started looking into practice amps. I had one of those Marshall mini half-stacks back in the late 90's so that's where I started looking, but it wasn't long til I found the smokey and then all the diy 386 amps.  Having delved into diy effects a bit with Craig Anderson's book back then, the idea of re entering the electronics hobby also appealed. As I was gathering parts and information for the amp, I found the general guitar gadgets site just as they were redesigning and I was lucky enough to win one of their giveaways, hence the pedal. I went with the tremolo as I already had parts to build ROG's 22/7  version of the BMP.  The amp cabinet was built from scrap that I practiced on before finishing the guitar and a few pieces of plywood. I got a speaker from ebay--a fender 6.5 inch speaker from a champ 600 reissue that someone changed out the speaker as soon as they got the amp. 

I must say, I'm quite impressed with the state of the guitar effects hobby and the friendliness and helpfulness of those involved. The general openness with sharing information/schematics is a happy surprise.