colorsound/musonic wah hoop type nylon loop thing ( coloursound)

Started by joegagan, July 29, 2014, 05:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joegagan

did anyone have any success making these?  , i know paul  M made a nice PDF with the dimensions.

i have a pal in canada who is setting up to make a colorsound fuzz wah, let me know if you make them or have a real one you can send to my friend for the ' normal' price.

thanks in advance! - j
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

eyeprod

I've recently built a clone of a coloursound wah and have been thinking the same thing lately. Interested.

rocket8810

i can get them made if there is enough of a demand. i know someone with a 3d printer and have 7 that he made base on a picture but they're slightly off. he said if i trace it exactly or make a mold of it he can do it. i need to know by next week though, and i can get them done in probably a month or so. just have to figure what it will cost.

joegagan

i have the ability to have the mold made for pretty reasonable , but i would probably add a small nut inset for the screw - these things strip pretty easy.

of the 7 you have, can one or two be modded to work>? my buddy in Can is able to work tools , and you may still save him time over starting from scratch
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

rocket8810

the ones that were made are the right size, the holes are spot on, the problem is the angle of the elongated hoop is off. i didn't put them in my colorsound to see how they are. the ones i had made do have a nut insert already to alleviate the stripping problem, i thought a head on that one  ;D.

to make the mold i was just thinking about taking the one i have in my wow-fuzz (you know it well joe), and get one of those cheap mold making kits from a craft store that uses silicone so it shouldn't hurt the one i have. i can tell you they are really expensive to get a new one direct, i asked and i was quoted something like $30 shipped from the uk.