Tri Vibe LFO voltage sweep question

Started by petemoore, July 30, 2014, 04:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

I'm not that well versed in LFO...
The LFO is controlled by varying a DC voltage here in the Tri Vibe ?

http://www.runoffgroove.com/tri-vibe.html

And the graphic chart showing the LFO waveforms looks to have the voltage vertically numbered.
It appears as if I've already managed to answer that question...
I'm considering an alternative to building the LFO, using a potentiometer [and stop resistors] to provide a sweepable voltage in that range.

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

nocentelli

Are you planning to use the pot as part of an expression pedal, or as a static phaser/vibrato?
A static phaser is rarely audibly noticeable because there are not many notches in the phased signal unless there are loads of stages: A static flanger, on the other hand has more notches and is a more useable effect - see the deluxe electric mistress (cf - Mark Hammer)

My very basic understanding of the trivibe is that it's a sort of phaser based on a pair of OTAs instead of opamps for filters, and with a different LFO shape but nonetheless using the LFO to wobble the control pins giving vibrato, which when combined with the dry signal gives a phase shift/chorus-y effect: The dry/wet mixler resistors are switched to give different levels of pitch wobble versus phaser-y chorus sound.

You could use a pot set up as a voltage divider between ground and 9v with the wiper to the control pin resistors.
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again