TC Booster/Line Driver/Distortion Part Needed

Started by jackostrato, July 31, 2014, 01:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackostrato

Hi
I have an old, 80s era BLD pedal. The external power-in jack is getting crappy and I'd like to replace it.
I've written to Mouser and a few other suppliers but have come up with nothing that seems to work.
It is panel mountable, has 4 contacts, accepts a mono mini-plug 3.5mm, and the housing is square-ish and measures approx 10mm wide x 8mm deep. It's the one in the center of the picture below that says "Clff 4" and "England" on the housing (Cliff electronics hasn't responded to my query).
Any idea of a part # or replacement part that'll fit and where to get it?

thanks

jackostrato

Thanks Lurco. I've seen this but I don't know which one would be a suitable replacement. I don't know what the wiring/connections are in the old switch. I was in touch with Cliff Elec. and that were of no help. It seems that this one might be the only one that fits:

CL1382 S6/BB mono switched 3.5mm jack socket

Any thoughts?

electrosonic

If it was my pedal I and I couldn't find the the part. I would swap the jack out for a mini 2.1mm jack (the unswitched style smallbear sells would probably fit) - the compromise would be giving up the option of battery power - but you would gain having a standard power jack for your daisy chain.

http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=1362

BTW - I have one of these on my board - nice sound pedal.

Andrew.

• SUPPORTER

thelonious

One nice thing about this - since it's not soldered directly to the board like a true PC mount jack, you should be able to use a jack of the right dimensions and number of pins even if the pinouts don't match. It looks like it's panel mounted; it that correct? If so, just keep that pic for reference, desolder the jack, plug in a 3.5mm plug, and use a multimeter to measure which wires correspond to which contacts. Since it is probably a switched jack, you will have to do this once with the plug inserted and once without the plug. Create a diagram, do the same thing with the new jack you purchase, and compare the pinouts. Then you can run wires from the appropriate pads to the appropriate lugs of the new part.