Keeley Boss DD3 mod help

Started by Bandwagonesque, August 02, 2014, 04:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandwagonesque

I have a keeley modified boss dd3 that i'm trying to reverse so that I may do the same mods to a stock dd3 I got this afternoon. I managed to trace the wiring for the FX loop mod as well as the switching for the 'analog' and hi-cut/roll-off mod, but out of the 2 film capacitors used for the latter mods, I was only able to find the value for one of them. It appears that the whole switch was encased in hot glue obscuring the value printing of one of the caps so only the last two digits appeared, which was '?74'. The other film cap used was 220nF (224). Here is a rather crude layout for all 3 of the mods. Could anyone tell me what value was possibly used for the mystery cap in question? I'm thrown for a loop as to what it could be because if it was even 170nF, it is a much much larger value than what was used with similar mods done to the dd3. Could it be 270nF or 470nF? Any help would be appreciated.

LucifersTrip

well, they're 3 digit codes and if it ends in 74, then the most likely one is 474 (.47uF). there's no other digit before 74 that's common.
always think outside the box

UKToecutter

I agree.
Can't see it being anything other than a 470nF
ShumannPLL BOM
Reserve Boards

Bandwagonesque

thanks alot guys, 470nF is indeed the right value after trying it out just now. much appreciated!