Help with Adding Leds

Started by Sodapops, August 03, 2014, 02:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sodapops

Hello I'm about to start my first pedal kit from byoc (Reverb 2) and I wanted to add a few 5mm leds in parallel apart from the red indicator led, say 4 of these, I want them to turn on when the pedal switch is clicked on and then off when it's off. I was wondering where the best place to wire these in might be? Would wiring them in parallel right from the DC ground and hot wires work with appropriate resistors? ( I mostly won't be using the battery) Any help is much appreciated!

GibsonGM

If i were going to try this, I'd tap right off the switch's LED connection, and include the pedal indicator as one of my LEDs.
Read this, you can probably hack this together from the info therein.  Remember to calculate all your factors, such as current and POWER!  You want to be sure you won't fry anything.

http://edn.com/design/led/4424539/Overcome-the-challenges-of-driving-parallel-LED-strings
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...