Raygun Youth Chaos Fuzz

Started by Freppo, August 03, 2014, 02:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freppo

Quote from: bluesdevil on October 19, 2014, 01:13:04 AM
Just a heads up: I noticed on the pcb artwork there needs to be a cut between the 1n4001 diode leads.

Thanks for showing interest in my stuff, and thanks for the heads up! :)
I never built the Raygun PCB layout myself. I will correct it as soon as I get the chance.
Check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

stringsthings

Using the PCB layout, I put this circuit together.  It seems to be working but it doesn't sound quite like the demo video build. 
When I'm not playing, the circuit "sputters" and it's super sensitive to even barely touching the strings. 

In the demo video, I don't hear any noise between settings. 

Is there a problem with my build, or is sputtering just the nature of the circuit?

wigwambam

Thanks Freppo!

I built this thing yesterday whilst my girlfriend was at work then tested it after she had gone to bed. I am probably sleeping on the couch tonight but it was worth it!

Sounds like DOOOM, exactly like the one in the demo video and it worked right away without any of the usual poking and cursing. Sounds DANGEROUS through bass cabs. I am going to try putting some other instruments through it after I finish work today. LOVE IT. This one might even get a casing.

Freppo

Quote from: wigwambam on March 30, 2015, 06:06:14 AM
I built this thing yesterday whilst my girlfriend was at work then tested it after she had gone to bed. I am probably sleeping on the couch tonight but it was worth it!
Haha, glad you like it! :)
Check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se