Moog minifooger trem expression input trick(?)

Started by scott_v, August 05, 2014, 01:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scott_v

Not sure how many folks have this unit but I just got one of these and Moog states that the expression input is compatible with their EP-3 expression pedal, which I believe has a stereo jack.

Anyways, I was experimenting and thinking about the DIY expression switch that is documented for the Line6 DL4 (Jorge Tripps) and found the basic concept works for this minifooger.

I have found if you plug a typical mono patch cord into the expression input (and leave the other end of the plug disconnected) the trem speed will increase greatly, and pending on the speed setting it will go into intense pseudo ring modulated/sub octave territory.

So I made an expression pedal to go with this trem, it has two switches: one for the intense trem speed noted above, and the other provides abit more subtle increase in trem speed that works in conjunction with a pot.  So the pot can adjust the increased trem speed, so its more than just a dual speed trem, but now its a triple speed trem!

The only issue is I couldn't use LEDs to work by leaching power from the minifooger itself, and I'll have to add a separate power input for the expression switching.

I was searching around the web and couldn't find anything much about the expression input on this Trem other than using the EP-3... I doubt I'm the only one discovering this w/ this pedal.
Guitars: '72 Fender Telecaster Custom, Partscaster Strat
Pedals: ZVex Fuzz Factory, Boss TU-2, DIY SHO Boost clone, DIY EA Tremolo, Line 6 DL4
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Fender Champ (Silverface)